The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill change the old fashion way question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I love using the oldies to accomplish the same goals. So I do my bill changes with a TT, many different handling but that one move is the same. I have always had Dry hands so sometimes that moves gets snagged or wont begin the withdrawal to do the move any advice?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I like doing the bill switch.
I always keep a small container of hand moisturizer in my bag. Which one is up to you. There have been many recommendations in the Café.
For me almost any moisturizer works.
Also, make sure you use a vinyl TT. It slides easier.
I learned a bill switch without using a TT. Even then dry hands are a problem but less so.
Regards,
Ihor
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
A little dab of Sortkwik
will do the trick.This is
used by teller's to count money.
Work's great.
Todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
First, try using a Vernet Classic Thumb Tip - seems to be the best for bill switches. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/116

Place a piece of regular old Scotch tape inside the tip; the side of the tip where your thumb pad would be. Make it a piece that's almost the same length as the TT and try to get it to go from as deep as you can right up to the edge. Folded bills will slide easily on the tape. An even better alternative - if you already have some - is the clear PTFE tape that a lot of coin magicians are using to line the back of their split coins. Here's what I use: http://www.amazon.com/CS-Hyde-Optically-......tfe+tape Does the same job as the Scotch tape but is even slicker. Scotch tape will work fine though. If you don’t have any other use for the PTFE tape, like split coins.

Secondly, use SortKwik or a hand moisturizer like Chamnberlain's Golden Touch to help moisten your thumb. I know that my extremely dry hands tend to go bone dry after about 10 minutes even when I use something on them, so it is helpful to keep a glass of cold liquid next to you, something that will make the glass sweat a little. That way if your thumb gets too dry take a sip of wate3r or whatever and wet your thimb that way. You can also do what Harry Lorayne recommends and keep a moistened hanky nearby to moisten your thumb when needed.

You may also consider going tipless. I did! If you're using a TT then you are using a four-fold bill, which is so easy to finger palm. Producing and ditching is at least as easy as doing the same with a TT, and might even be easier!

Hope this helps!

Jim
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks a lot for all the help guys....
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
My tip for TT's is to sandpaper the opening so that it is blunt. If you havn't got sandpaper, do a figure of eight on a paving slab.
Sometimes the opening on a new tip can be fairly sharp, a blunt opening is much easier to get into.

The other thing that I've done to my tip is to put it into boiling water and push a broom handle into it and let it cool down again to widen the mouth. Carefull with doing that because you can't shrink it down again.

My choice of TT is a vernet king size (the really long one). The opening did seem quite a bit tighter than the regular vernet but I shortened it and widened it using the above untill it was a custom fit.

I did try a vernet XXL because I was experimenting with multiple bill changes but that thing is way too wide for single bills.

I love the classic 16th/Vlado TT methods. As a side point, I feel very sad that anyone can do a google search and get a heavy number of free tutorials of these wonderfull methods on youtube, but that's a different conversation altogether.
Booyah!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill change the old fashion way question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL