The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Senses by Chris Wiehl (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
The trick does not include fries, unfortunately. I can link you to many places that sell fries that will be compatible with this effect. and yes it is shipping worldwide (almost)! Thanks Darren for being excited and cricketer! so grab a copy and start doing some condiment conjuring!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
I've been excited for this for a long time. Especially since it's a Murphys Black Label Item. They're all gold! Once I've opened up my copy and taken a look, I'll post my honest thoughts on here.

Like some others have said, Enigma Ltd are carrying this in the UK. Estimated to arrive this Tuesday (28th January).

http://enigmaltd.com/product/senses-dvd-......r-wiehl/

Cheers,

Lloyd
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Senses has just arrived with us in the UK and is ready to ship.

It's a very nice idea and the basic Senses routine shown is very easy to do.

Not everything you need is included with this trick which is a shame but I'm guessing that some magicians may have these around.
There is also another item required that would have been difficult to include but again most magicians have these, if not an alternative is mentioned.

For those concerned about the cups:- you get 3 cups and 2 lids so they should last you a long time with normal use.

You can check out Senses here I give more feedback when I've had chance to watch the rest of the DVD.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/s......ehl.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I got my copy yesterday and I have to admit that even by watching what I received I still had no clue how the trick worked with the items provided, so that means I was totally fooled by it Smile
I have now watched the dvd (which is great too) and I am really excited with this.
I had pretty much everything I needed in my house but Chris offers so many alternative solutions that I can hardly imagine anybody having any issues.
This varies for many different skills, from very easy to some more advanced handlings, so everyone will find something according to their skill.
I really like the looks of this and I will write more about it when I get to perform it and show it around,
So far very happy with it!!
Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I finished up watching the rest of the DVD last night.

After watching I concluded that there are so many things that this can do that there will be something for almost everyone on this DVD (with props).

As well as the Senses routine there are very nice coin routines where the coin appears and or disappears, penetrates etc.

The card change in the cup is very nice and everything is examinable at the end this is very devious!

You can tell a lot of work has gone into this and all the moves are explained very well.

This is not that difficult to do some routines you will be able to do right away some will require some practice to get smooth but nothing very challenging.

This is a cool release and gives some nice eye popping moments.

Nearly half of our first batch has gone already so don't hang around if you want one early next week.
http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/s......ehl.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Thanks Mark! I tried to put a little of everything on the dvd to keep people busy and happy! The card stuff is awesome fun when performed and the impromptu tcoc is awesome!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
How examinable is the cup?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
In some of the routines the cup is 100% examinable, these include the main demo Sense routine and the card change routine.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Ryan Bliss
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Ryan Bliss
Everything can be examined. I remember playing with this a year ago and loving every second. Chris had a great idea and really put in the time and effort to get as much out of it as possible. Over the next few months that followed it seemed that every time we met he had a new idea that was better than the last. I love this project.
Cody Nottingham
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Cody Nottingham
Very cool trick. The possibilities and the way that this can fit into anyone's show that performs restaurant magic is just perfect. Fantastic trick.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Enigma Ltd now has this shipping from the UK.

http://enigmaltd.com/product/senses-dvd-......r-wiehl/

Cheers,

Lloyd
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Awesome Lloyd glad you have all your copies! and Yea I have shown Ryan quite a bit of work on this project and he has seen the changes and the growth of what it is today!.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received this and I think it is awesome! He teaches several versions and uses. In one segment, he does a strike vanish and fumbles with the move a bit. However, on the screen is a tip to make the move easier. I tried the suggestion and it works very well.
He even has a chop cup style routine with the gimmicks. Really nice.
Another routine, two coins, one cup, is really exceptional!
The whole thing was thought out very thoroughly.
Very nice!
KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, I would rather see someone fumble a move and then give pointers on how to improve than to see someone who is totally flawless, making it more difficult for me to learn. A good example of this is the Jay Sankey Extremely Ambitious DVD. This was the only DVD that really helped me to learn the pass. In the DVD, he fumbles through several passes, showing every step and showing how you get better with practice. He also focused on how to make a pass magical and workable, instead of how to make a pass invisible.

KJ
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
Wow, this is looks so visual!

A question though: Is the gimmick something that will be worn out/broken? (will I need to make the gimmick myself sometime in the future?)
Or am I thinking in a totally wrong direction?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 08:12, airztonne wrote:
Wow, this is looks so visual!

A question though: Is the gimmick something that will be worn out/broken? (will I need to make the gimmick myself sometime in the future?)
Or am I thinking in a totally wrong direction?

You are dealing with a plastic container so yes it would be easily broken if you sat on it or crushed it somehow.

With proper care it will last a long time.

You can buy cups on-line if you want more they are very cheap.

I can't recall but you have to buy 50 or 100 or so but they are not expensive if you like the trick and do it often.

You get 3 in the set so it's enough for a while!!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
As mark said, the cups will wear down with use and will need to eventually be replaced. The gimmicks should last longer though and are easily upkept. You can find the cups (2oz black souffle cups) on ebay or amazon for quite cheap (and you get a lot of them). I always have extra just in case I accidently squash one, but you can also find them for free at a local restaurant.
BTW I have received some copies so if you are interested in picking some up you can PM me!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Chris showed me his early work on senses at Magifest last year (2013) and then showed it to me again this year and I'm completely baffled. The trailer doesn't do it justice. Then some guy shook my hand and said "sorry about the wart." My point - this is a trick that when you feel it in your hand, you understand how powerful it is. Had that dude simply told me about his wart, it wouldn't have impacted me the same way as feeling it. (Hint: it was just his finger. But it still grossed me out)
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Got this yesterday, looking forward to watching DVD
Anything is Possible
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Senses by Chris Wiehl (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL