We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My just finished Zig Zag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Years ago, I saw an idea in some English magazine about a quad-zag where not only the middle slid over but the bottom box also. It was just a line drawing but it intrigued me so I did some drawings and we built one out of cardboard to see if it would work and it did. I only have a poor quality black and white photo of it but it was darned impressive. I never saw anyone else do it.
Wizard Pa, I love the side images on yours. It really makes it unique.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 21:38, Jef Eaton wrote:
Years ago, I saw an idea in some English magazine about a quad-zag where not only the middle slid over but the bottom box also. It was just a line drawing but it intrigued me so I did some drawings and we built one out of cardboard to see if it would work and it did. I only have a poor quality black and white photo of it but it was darned impressive. I never saw anyone else do it.

Silvan performing the quad-zag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnNW8i1sJE
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
EXCELLENT!!!!

Not only was it cool to have the extra box, but he honored the illusion by getting the most out of it.
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 09:44, RVH Magic wrote:
Silvan performing the quad-zag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnNW8i1sJE

1 1/2 minutes of introductory babble before the prop was rolled on, and then another 30 seconds before the girl is introduced. At 3:00+ minutes in she's finally closed up into the box, and then at 5 1/2 minutes the first blade goes in...

I'm sure this must have passed as high entertainment 30+ years ago, but you couldn't keep today's audiences interested if you TRIPLED the pace of that presentation. By contrast, the Pendragons performed Steinmeyer's Modern Art in the late 90's - start to finish - in under 2 minutes, and that included the on-stage assistance of an audience member. It's fun to revisit the classics of yesteryear, but not all the lessons to be learned from them are positive ones.

Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Well,I'll be!!! I never did see another one other than mine but now I have! On mine the foot was out like the hand but I don't know where that idea came from. IT might have been mine or maybe it was in the drawing. I enjoyed seeing the video. Thanks for posting it.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
575 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Great job!
Higgenbottom
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Higgenbottom
Here’s Robert Harbin, “Not only doing THAT trick but reminding the rest of us how it should be done.”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMN9h4ppIbI
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Chris, very, very nice!!! I think you have found another 'calling'! That will look really good beside MY Temple Of Benares!!! Smile
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My just finished Zig Zag (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL