The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devin Knight's "Auto Spell Deck" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Is it really going to be this clean and simple?

Just got this eMail from Devin:

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and that your date book was full. Only one item this mailer. It is my first release of the year and one I have been having great results with from my strolling magic gigs.

Devin Knight's

AUTO-SPELL DECK - A Self-Working Miracle!

Spelling to a selected card has always been a popular effect, but most methods require considerable skill, the ability to control cards, memorization, and looking at the faces of the cards...SAY GOOD BYE TO ALL OF THAT.

The Auto-Spell Deck lets you do the classic spelling effect in the cleanest manner possible without any sleight of hand. In fact, the deck is virtually self-working, and I am not kidding! Magician need never look at the faces of the cards after the card is returned to the deck.

Here is the effect:

Show a bicycle deck of cards to be regular, even spread them face up between your hands to show them well mixed. Turn the deck face down and let a spectator touch any card, anywhere in the spread. There is NO FORCE of any kind. The person can touch any card in the deck and all the backs of the 52 cards are seen. NO ROUGH AND SMOOTH cards anywhere in the deck.

The person looks at the card and pushes it anywhere into the middle of the deck. The performer does NOT cut the cards and say put it here. The person can freely push the card back anywhere into the middle of the deck. The performer immediately squares the cards and puts them flush on the table. No break is held (for real).

The performer truly does not know the name of the card and there are NO SECRET PEEKS.

The performer picks up the deck and gives it one cut, saying he has hopefully cut the person's card to a special position. He then hands the face down deck to the spectator.

The performer says he would like the person to spell the name of his selected card by dealing one card face up on the table until he has spelled the complete name of the card. He says he thinks the person will spell to his card. Say the card is the six of diamonds. The person spells out the card dealing one card face up for each letter and seeing that ALL THE CARDS ARE DIFFERENT. When he has finished spelling, the card at that position is his card! Believe it or not.

This special self-working deck does the trick for you. So easy to do, you will fool yourself. FOOLPROOF, works every time. Quick and direct to the point and very commercial. An easy to understand effect that appears impossible to the spectator, as it is magic done is HIS HANDS.

IN A NUTSHELL. A spectator freely selects a card and puts it back himself into the deck. The magician gives the deck one cut and hands the deck to the person. The spectator then names his card and spells it out, turning the cards face up as he spells. When he finishes spelling the card, it is staring him in the face. A knock out effect.

NO SKILL, NO SLEIGHTS, NO MARKS, NO LONG OR SHORT CARDS, yet the deck is gimmicked!

The spectator or magician can spell to the card. No forces of any kind. Magician does not know the card until the person spells to it. The person has the deck in his hands ready to deal BEFORE he tells the performer the name of the card.

NO MULTIPLE OUTS. The ending is the same each time. The card is spelled the same way each time. A-c-e -o-f- d-i-a-m-o-n-d-s

PERFECT for the strolling magician, as the deck can be reset in a few seconds. You can go from table to table and do the trick with a different card each time! Everyone watching from other tables sees the same effect, and the card is spelled to the same way.

Comes complete with special bicycle deck and complete directions.

This is my latest creation and for now is only available directly from me. This secret has not been revealed before and was not in any of my lectures. This is something entirely new for this year.

$24.95 sent postpaid anywhere in the world. Get this now before someone at your club fools you with it!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
This sounds amazing! What are the performance conditions required for this to work?

Regards,
Mike
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Good question.

I only know what I read here.

I'm interested, but........
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Sounds fun. But can it really be any card?
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Devin, can you please chime in here? Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I'm sure he will!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
This may very well just be Devin's best creation yet!

Regards,
Mike
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Devin don't come to the Café anymore
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yes, it is that clean cut and the description is 100% accurate. There are no conditions, the trick can be done anywhere under any conditions and the trick is self-working. The spectator can select any one of the 52 cards and the deck can be spread face showing the cards to be well mixed. Remove any card, have it replaced by the person in the middle of the deck anywhere he wants. Give the deck one cut and hand the deck to him and he will spell to his card. Once you cut the deck, the trick is hands off for the performer.

Can be repeated with different results at the next table. Reset is only a few seconds. This deck has fooled many magicians and in my opinion is one of the cleanest spelling effects ever created.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Is it possible to show a demo of the effect, Devin ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yes, sometime next week, I will shoot a video showing an uncut and unedited demo of the trick. Just haven't had time to make the video yet.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I guess he still does come to the Café.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The directions will include a new improvement not mentioned in the original ad. IN this version the spectator will freely select a card and return it to the deck while the deck is in his hands. The magician will not touch the deck while the card is being selected and returned. The deck will be given to the magician who gives it one cut and the person can immediately spell to his card. Foolproof. No chance of failure.

No memory work or cue cards of anykind. Nothing to memorize period.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Devin,

Can you post a link where this can be purchased? Thanks.

Regards, Steve
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Here you go, from Devin's eMail to me:

Click below to order via PayPal

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm......AVFNB7QS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use PayPal or e-mail your order. You can also call me direct.
I accept Master Card, Visa, Discover card.
If you wish to e-mail your order, split your number into two emails.
I need exp date and security code on back of card.

e-mail orders to: devin@zoominternet.net

You can call your order in at : 724-458-0132
Office hours are M-S 10AM to 9PM Eastern Standard Time

Devin Knight Magic
PO Box 407
Grove City, Pa 16127
USA
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Devin has that "out of the box" thinking bit down pretty well. I am predicting this is going to be good!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Does it have to spell the card or can you spell their name or any other word to get to the selected card?
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
The real Devin made it pretty clear he would not be posting on the Café anymore.

This is obviously an imposter.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 09:29, magicbyswh wrote:
I guess he still does come to the Café.

I recall he gave final notice months ago. I mean no disrespect. May have missed out on a lot of sales. Welcome back.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 13:49, lil_magic wrote:
Does it have to spell the card or can you spell their name or any other word to get to the selected card?

e
You have to spell the exact name of the card. The spelling is the same each time such as A C E Of S P A D E S
You always include the OF and the suits always end with a S. Most spelling tricks have you spelling different ways and having to remember how to spell to the card. No memory needed as the procedure is always the same and the card always turns up after it is spelled.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devin Knight's "Auto Spell Deck" (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL