The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New tic-tac-toe mentalism app -- looks pretty cool! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1561 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
starnight
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of starnight
But why never for android users???? Grrrr
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is a great app & I'm suprised that there isn't more buzz about it. It's very clever and much easier than I thought. You can win noughts and crosses without ever seeing where your opponent has gone.

You don't even need to know how to play the game, you just do what the app tells you. Best of all your phone is in your pocket while you are playing and you don't need to see or touch it!
MagicApps
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MagicApps
Quote:
On 2014-01-13 02:41, Sean Giles wrote:
This is a great app & I'm suprised that there isn't more buzz about it. It's very clever and much easier than I thought. You can win noughts and crosses without ever seeing where your opponent has gone.

You don't even need to know how to play the game, you just do what the app tells you. Best of all your phone is in your pocket while you are playing and you don't need to see or touch it!

Thank you very much Sean, you're right the App has been downloaded hundreds of times the first day by 99% of non-magicians. I think magicians prefer more expensive and more complicated tricks ;-)
Mikael Montier
Website
Facebook Page
Youtube Channel
-----------------------------------------
Magic App on iOS
Magic App on Android
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yet another vote for Android users !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 05:39, MagicApps wrote:
Quote:

Thank you very much Sean, you're right the App has been downloaded hundreds of times the first day by 99% of non-magicians. I think magicians prefer more expensive and more complicated tricks ;-)

Yes the .99 price certainly has advantages and disadvantages.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 05:39, MagicApps wrote:
Quote:

Put it up to £30 and it'll be the next big thing...
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Android!! Android!! Android!!! Ok, I cannot wait for Android Smile
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1440 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
A question for users of this app.

The instructions say you must always make the first move with this app but must you always start with your first move in the middle square or can you start in any square?
rasp
View Profile
Special user
1000 Posts

Profile of rasp
You can start anywhere
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1404 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Android rocks. I-aps should not have a complete monopoly.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2561 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

I just downloaded this app.

For $0.99 it's pretty nice. I'm a little concerned about a $0.99 app exposing the basic method of teleFoto, but I guess there's not much I can do about that.
After being in the app business for 5 years, I always find it fascinating how developers believe the only way to make money is to make free or $0.99 apps.

I think it's very interesting how you MUST email your spectator to perform this effect.
If you're performing for a stranger, I can see this being a problem. The spectator may not want to share their email or there isn't enough time to do so.

The premise of the effect is interesting. It's basically a one trick app. I've already used the app for a few performances. At the present time, I don't feel I can attach an emotional hook to this routine.

I truly respect and admire the developers technology in this app. I just wish they would realize that they would make a LOT more money pricing their app much higher.

my 2 cents,
Greg Rostami
MagicApps
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MagicApps
Quote:
On 2014-01-25 20:45, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hello friends,

I just downloaded this app.

For $0.99 it's pretty nice. I'm a little concerned about a $0.99 app exposing the basic method of teleFoto, but I guess there's not much I can do about that.
After being in the app business for 5 years, I always find it fascinating how developers believe the only way to make money is to make free or $0.99 apps.

I think it's very interesting how you MUST email your spectator to perform this effect.
If you're performing for a stranger, I can see this being a problem. The spectator may not want to share their email or there isn't enough time to do so.

The premise of the effect is interesting. It's basically a one trick app. I've already used the app for a few performances. At the present time, I don't feel I can attach an emotional hook to this routine.

I truly respect and admire the developers technology in this app. I just wish they would realize that they would make a LOT more money pricing their app much higher.

my 2 cents,
Greg Rostami

Hi Greg,

We consider that any magic app on the Apple or Google App Stores is therefore available to every non-magicians.
So basically we can't consider such apps as a professional tool for pro magicians.
You're right it is only a "one trick app" that anyone can use to amaze their friends and family for a nice price.
As it is a simple app (only 2 days of work) you can understand we can't sell it over 1 buck...

Our pro magicians team works on worldwide magic events using especially many customized magic apps not available to the spectators/clients...
This is our business model. This service is more profitable for us and is more respectful to our customers.

This app was included in our Magic Apps Suite for Android (8 magic apps) and this package was launched in mai 2011 for a worldwide Paypal contest.
So we use this method since many years and I think you agree with me that all non-developers can't understand how it works.

Regards.
Mikael Montier
Website
Facebook Page
Youtube Channel
-----------------------------------------
Magic App on iOS
Magic App on Android
Magic1jim
View Profile
New user
West Yorshire UK
38 Posts

Profile of Magic1jim
I love all three of the available iphone apps, very clever and very simple stuff. I would of paid a lot more then what you sell them for. My personal favourite has to be Magic Trick #3 though. Well worth the set up
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Magic Trick #2 just hit the Google Play Store. Yaaay!! Smile
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2014, Greg Rostami wrote:
I'm a little concerned about a $0.99 app exposing the basic method of teleFoto, but I guess there's not much I can do about that.

No spectator will be able to figure that out, and had you not posted that most magicians probably would not either.
Reality is a real killjoy.
SupaHEEro
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of SupaHEEro
Has magic trick #3 out in App Store yet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New tic-tac-toe mentalism app -- looks pretty cool! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL