The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Past performance names (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Mine have included;
magic by Harris
Sales with a touch of magic
Mime over matter
The nearly normal magician
Instant Magic

The last one was actually a duo act.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Mark Starr (hypnotist moniker. I suppose I still use it, but I more or less retired from hyp shows)

The Great Zucchini

Li'l Elvis
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Tony Galvin until I turned pro. Tony Baloney since. Tony Black for adult shows.
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
I was Christopher THE Magician for a long time before I randomly decided to perform "The Google Test" - a.k.a. searching for "Christopher The Magician" on Google. Well, there were pages and pages of other magicians with the same name (and I was nowhere near the top).

So I got REALLY creative...

Christopher T. Magician!

At the time the T still stood for "The." Then one day it dawned on me ... the T doesn't have to stand for "The." And I happened to find a phone number that spelled out "YayTaco" ... so my middle name eventually became "Taco." Most kids now end up remembering me as 'that taco magician,' which is great. Either way, if you google 'Christopher T. Magician' or 'Taco Magician' I'm at the top of the page.

Good times.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Starting out: Michael Stephanic
Turning Pro: Michael Love
Upon learning that Michael Love was a Beach Boy: Amazing Magical Michael
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Quote:
Ha. Love it. When I first started-and was trying to figure out my scthick, I was Dingbat the clown, for about a week
On 2014-01-12 19:05, Starrpower wrote:
Mark Starr (hypnotist moniker. I suppose I still use it, but I more or less retired from hyp shows)

The Great Zucchini

Li'l Elvis
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1736 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Started out in Pittsburgh with a clown act using Hey-You (late 60's)
My hyp and mental show was under my own name, and under the name Mr. Gee (1970's until early 90,s)
When I moved to NJ,(25 years ago), it was just Mr. Gee.
I stopped doing shows for awhile. When I recently decided to get back into it, I found that a magician a few miles away is using Mr. G, and has been promoting it for several yeas.
Rather than cause confusion, and since I feel that I'm starting to promote from scratch again, I'm looking for a new name for kid's & family shows that's easy to remember. My own last name is hard to pronounce, hard to spell correctly, and hard to remember.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Jakeg

First thing I thought of was Gee Wiz.

(it was an expression we used "back in the day"

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I started of as 'Mr Magic', then I went by the title 'Magic & Mystery'. The kids on the estate started calling me 'the magic man' which I was thinking of running with, but later went with 'Amazing Stephen'.

The reason I settled on this name is that Stephen is my actual name and I am amazing. But more importantly, the letter 'A' got me to the top of all search directories, which at the time of the yellow pages, meant I was the first person any client would see and call. It was a business strategy and even though its less of a tool in modern day advertising mediums, it still has its places where my name beginning with the letter 'A' gets me better positioned than all the other entertainers.

I also found a way to make my name funny (Step Hen) which helps the children remember it.

The final reason I choose that name is because the web domain of http://www.amazingstephen.co.uk was available. If I couldn't have purchased the web domain for my name, I probably would not have chosen it.

Steve
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1194 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Did clowning from 94' to 99' ish as Cartoony the Clown, and gave up clowning and just did what I do now. I started doing magic shows as Dan The Man, but switched to my current name, The Amazing Spaghetti, at some point.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Always used Arthur Stead until I started doing kidhows. Needed something more fun and magical, so since my middle name is Willmore, I became Willmore the Wizard.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Started out as Professor Bumblemore and I changed it due to kids not being able to remember or say it, to my
current name The Wacky Wizard. Easy to remember and kids call me the Wacky Lizard after I tell them not to.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Quote:
Ha. Love it. When I first started-and was trying to figure out my scthick, I was Dingbat the clown, for about a week
On 2014-01-12 19:05, Starrpower wrote:

The Great Zucchini

Li'l Elvis
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Freckles D. Clown
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Magic by Harris, was my entry easy to go by name.

Sales with a touch of magic, was during my sales meeting and conference programs. Living in Reno, we had lots of conventions going through town.

Mime over matter, was created when I blended my Mime and magic. I actually did some walk arounds as a silent vent. I didn't talk, while my puppets did.

Nearly Normal was created after I bought a key change with that on it. The N's were backwards....which brings us to

Dr. Laugh, which actually came from my audiences. As a counselor I do Laughter programs. Hearing it (Doc Laugh) one time to many, got me to go from the Nearly Normal Magician to Dr. Laugh.

Thanks for all who shared and went into detail about the reason behind the names.

Harris
still 2 old to know it all
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Was originally "Bong & The Amazing Al-lusion" in the 80'when my wife & I performed at Expo '86 in Vancouver.
Became "The Great Marrdini" when I performed for Marr Electric at the BCEA Trade Show in Vancouver in 1991

nala
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
When I was a kid, I opted for Miguel the Magnificent. Ha!

I went through a phase early on with Magic Mike, but dropped that due to it being too common.

Mostly, I have used my name as seen here, but have used character names for particular roles, Professor Phineas T. Presto and Dr. Icarus Zirkus come to mind.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
You've made me realize I have used a lot of names!
Charlie (first speaking clown character)
Charles Quincy Maximillian Xavier 3rd (umbrella for more than one character)
Max (silent clown that I have used since 1988)
Quincy Xavier (street performing as a juggler)
Thom Troll (assigned character as part of ren faire street cast)
Thomas Thimbletoes, or just Thimbletoes (started in 1996 as ren faire stage show as jester; still used)
Proverbial Fools (started in 2005 as way to include other performers; still hope to establish as a non-profit)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Thomhaha

You reminded me that I forgot my Ren Fest Days.

I was Phoenix, a traveling puppet master.

At my audition, I did some street stuff, including stopping my pulse.

Harris
remembering that ha ha, can lead to Aha
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
This is fun.

I started as a clown, so I went through some clown names... Muddy Puddles, Puddles the Clown, Professor Puddles B. Fuddles, Professor Peabody Piddlekov, Professor Pitts and now...

The Astonishing Mr. Pitts (the kids usually just call me Mr. Pitts)
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Past performance names (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL