The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Don't Trust Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Quote:
On 2014-01-13 23:23, Mike Brezler wrote:
I watched the show and Andrew Mayne is very likeable and that's the good news. Now for the bad, it uses camera cuts and stooges to accomplish the magic. I don't see anything magical about the show. I hope it soon disappears!

I suspect you are correct. The spectators' reactions to his approach, etc., didn't ring true to me and the magic seemed to defy many of the principles I know about magic. But are you sure? How do you KNOW it uses camera cuts and stooges?
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
mblanckaert
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of mblanckaert
I like Andrew's effects so I couldn't wait to see the show.
Set up a series recording for it on my DVR.
Watched the first episode, watched the second, deleted the series recording, watched no more.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
I'm on the fence with this one. I do like the "magic meets Candid Camera" element, but find some of the situations uncomfortable and having too much of a "Punk'd" feel for my taste. The funny thing is I'm not against "Punk'd," I'm just more interested in the magic here, and not so much watching people's reactions when Andrew runs off with their wallet.
Mormo Zine
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Mormo Zine
I really like the show and find it very entertaining. Big fan!
Ours the magic, Ours the power!

See Mormo's Guide To Psychic Self Defense by clicking here.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Well, the show is over. I have doubts as to whether it will return. In its current form, I hope not.
Aberdeen1234
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Aberdeen1234
It's a new spin on magic on tv. Entertaining, yes. But I saw a lot of the same effect, an object to impossible location over and over. In a newspaper stand, in a vending machine, in a fire hydrant glass case, in a ranch dipping sauce? Lol, that one was stupidly kinda funny.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I found it unwatchable.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I liked the show in general. You can´t avoid the comparison between his show and Angel´s. I like Mayne much more than Angel, though. However I see some trends repeated, like whenever the "trick" is done, he just walks away leaving the "victim" stuck in whatever situation they were put in. What´s the object of this? I really don´t get it. Just the same in the MF series with Angel. At least you don´t see his "Troupe" parising him in interviews like Angel´s. That was really annoying.

Another thing that I dodn´t like was the supposed "revenge" on some of these people. As somebody wrote before, I hardly think that if someone loves his bike and you "vanish" it, or "melts" your car, you would just be fine with it.

Still I liked it. I was entertained and hada couple of good laughs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Don't Trust Andrew Mayne (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL