The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn et al with polymer banknotes? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TerrorInt
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TerrorInt
Is there a way to make the gimmicks using polymer money? We are quickly running out of paper money here, and US money will automagically be eyed suspiciously since you'll pretty much never see it here.

Will polymer bills fold correctly and will the see-thru window ruin it?
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I really do think you are going to struggle with Polymer bills.
The fold of the bills is important.
Also I think the gimmick may show.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
Canada has switched to this type of money and the old paper money is becoming more and more rare. I really like EB 2.0, but eventually using old 5s and old 20s will be odd. Also, does rubber glue stick as well to polymer as it does to paper? That see-through part of the new bills kind of makes this trick impossible.
gogeta98
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of gogeta98
The see through part is a problem, but does anyone know if this works with polymer bills? I think the R.C. might still work, but do the folds make that much of a difference?
Terrificize
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Terrificize
There's a few things I was able to find out in the last 6 month.
Yes R.C. works perfectly fine on polymer notes. The folding part is more challenging. You might have to refold the bills every few month, just make sure you crease super hard with your nails.
So far it worked fine. I live in germany, europe and I hate euros.
2012 I lived in the US for a year and could perform every single bill change I ever wanted. So now that I'm back here I do extreme burn 2.0 with euros to pesos (my gf is mexican Smile and euros to rumanian currency : lei. Both are polymer and the changes look insane - just the handling is slightly different. Try it out guys!!

Regarding the window - it can be a huge advantage when it comes to displaying the bills. When you make the gimmick, make sure both layers of the window are just on top of each other. When you display it - they swear its a single bill.

Sven
Magician Toronto
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magician Toronto
Hi there, so I'm not too clear on this too. Would I be able to create an extreme burn gimmick with the new Canadian bills. If anyone has tried it I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
For goodness sake, just grab some bills and try. What the heck do you suppose you'll gain by worrying yourself on the Café, when all it takes is 15 minutes to build up a set and learn how they work?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn et al with polymer banknotes? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL