The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Storylines with Professor's Nightmare (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xanatos
View Profile
Regular user
Wilbraham, MA
144 Posts

Profile of xanatos
Hello all,

I'm seeking storylines that people have used with Professor's Nightmare. I didn't find anything in a search... any offerings?

I'm personally seeking to develop a small array of storylines that could be used metaphorically- I've found a few gospel ideas- about us all being equal in God's eyes, etc., but I don't want the storylines to be limited to religious themes- any theme that could apply to life in general and impart an uplifting or hopeful message. RIght now, I'm just interested in ANY story you may have used with PN.

Thanks a bunch!

Dave Xanatos

PS., HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Smile
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Are you a mamber of the IBM?

0pus
xanatos
View Profile
Regular user
Wilbraham, MA
144 Posts

Profile of xanatos
Yes, I.B.M & S.A.M. both! I was just given a listing from ring2100 in fact that contained a great sampling of ideas!

Dave
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I was about to do the same, but wanted to ensure you were an IBM member.

Good luck!

0pus
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22774 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The original came with several legal size pages explaination a mathmatical equation and the Einstein theroy.

I let it go years ago, so cannot help any further on the patter storyline.

Bill Smile
xanatos
View Profile
Regular user
Wilbraham, MA
144 Posts

Profile of xanatos
Hi Bill,

Thanks, it'll surface eventually.

Thanks to all of you who have emailed, PM'd or replied with help on this, the story is coming along nicely.

No matter how you frame it, it's such a great effect- so many of the older stuff (tho this is only 50s) is so good!

Dave
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22774 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, I was always amazed how a $2 trick would give more enterainment, enjoyment, and laughs then a trick I paid hundreds of dollars for.

Bill Smile
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
Three worms is a good entertaining one
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Dave,

Sorry but I can't remember whether I PMed you on this or not. In any case, a whole raft of plot lines for Bob Carver's wonderful tricks can be found at:

http://www.ring2100.org/ropes.html
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I love the "Nightmare" and have been using a story I made up concerning three beautiful daughters in a magic kingdom, who I named Miggy, Maggy, and Snort! Some day, if I have more time, I'll share it, right now it's getting late.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Daffydoug
The name of your routine alone had me rolling on the floor. Please do share it.

Thanks
Steve Smile
Shnarker
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
89 Posts

Profile of Shnarker
Dave,

I used the Big 3 in Fast Food restautants...McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's as a premise for PN. I guess you could use any notable trio, depending on the audience. Do I hear Larry, Moe and Curly?

Just a thought, hope it helps.

Larry
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I once created a gambling patter about three card players. One was a new player (short rope), the second was a bad gambler (medium), and the third was a professional poker player. But as the game went along, The players all ended up the same, because the cheat gave the good cards to the beginner, and the bad ones to the expert, by mistake!
That is just a basic plot, and it is a long time since I created it...But I think it is a bit different.
owen

Forgot to say in my previous post, that there have been loads of PN routines taught in "MAGIC MAGAZINE" in David Kaye's column TURN IT AROUND. All though this only deals with kids entertainment, there may be some interesting plots in here.
owen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Storylines with Professor's Nightmare (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL