The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Sponge Ball Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wanabe 1
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of wanabe 1
Been reading posts on sizes, quality ect. How about some info on routines and their authors. For myself I would like the info on dvd's or videos.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
463 Posts

Profile of rgranville
The video 25 Tricks with Sponge Balls will give you plenty of ideas for routines.
Smile
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Wanabe1

Mark Wilsons Complete Course In Magic has Complete a routine.

Magically

Aus
wanabe 1
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of wanabe 1
Hay AUS
I have the Mark Wilson book, its great. I need a video's or dvd.
Thanks rgranville I will see if I can find that video.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Another easy to find and inexpensive video that gives you more on sponge balls than you will ever use (including a great Benson Bowl routine) is Patrick Page’s “Sponge Balls” put out by L & L. I strongly recommend it. If you were only going to have one reference on sponge balls this would be it.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
wanabe 1
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of wanabe 1
That's the kind of info I am looking for...
Thanks Harry

Harry
I am looking for the Patrick Page video.. Been searching his name and also L&L . So far I have got nothing. Do you have any idea where this can be found?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I can recommend a couple more references. One is a video and the other is a routine booklet. The video costs twice the Pat Page Video (Page’s video is $20.00 this other one is $40.00).

The video is called “All About Sponge Balls” and is a Brad Burt offering. It is a full course on sponge balls all in one 90-minute video. Brad Burt performs three sponge ball routines and then breaks down the routines and teaches you all the sleights and techniques. You will learn palming, handling spectators, vanishes, purse frame technique, and switches. Then Brad re-teaches each of the three routines performed at the beginning of the video. I believe that it is a good video and second only to the Pat Page video!!

David Groves “Sponge Balls A Million” is a practical sponge ball routine with a strong ending. It is all worked out for you. It is a 14-page spiral bound book which will have you doing a great routine in very little time. The book gives in depth explanations of every detail of the routine as well as a section on care and maintenance of sponge balls. OK, this is only one routine and the booklet costs about $15.00 still it is a reference that will help you build your own routine (or just use David’s).

I think that you should simply get one general resource, say the Pat Page or Brad Burt video. Learn the necessary slights and a routine that you like and start performing it!
wanabe 1
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of wanabe 1
KUDO"S to ya Harry
I will check out your suggestions...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I just checked with L & L they list the Patrick Page Sponge Ball video for $19.95. Try:
http://www.llpub.com/catalog/product_inf......_id=1241
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Sponge Ball Routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL