The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (190 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..70~71~72~73~74..95..115..135..155..175~176~177 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, Slim King wrote:
The EPA destroyed the economy in the Pacific Northwest BOB!!!!(one reason I moved) They Lied to the American People ... Telling them that Logging was killing the Spotted Owl .... They destroyed 84% of the logging industry and crippled the economy of Oregon and Washington like no one had ever done before .... THEN ... Years later after Obama had doubled down on the issue (Liars Bluff)we find out that the Barred Owl was killing the Spotted Owl and Logging had NOTHING to do with it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of these lies..........

Taxing the air we breath out is INSANE!!!! Smile Smile Smile

The Sun heats the Earth...

AMEN SLIM!!!!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Speaking of complete distortion of the facts, Slim- your post wins the prize.
(And note that Washington and Oregon both voted overwhelmingly for President Obama.)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sorry Bob ... I lived through it! I watched my hometown of Longview Washington turned from an AWESOME place to a city composed of pawn shops, second hand stores, and empty buildings. It's a shame what the EPA lies did to this fine city. About a third of the population lost their job because of the Lies. Those who wanted to continue to work had to move away. Many who stayed were still under the liars spell. Of course they wanted a change ... They bought the ticket of greed ...take from the successful and give to those who weren't....
I just got back from vacation there. The place is a ghost town compared to when I lived there... Sad story.
They are trying the same thing with this green house gas scam ... Without these gasses the world would FREEZE!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
The earth is heated by the sun.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Whatever, Slim. If you ever care to actually read the science we're talking about, I'd be glad to continue discussion.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:

On Jul 25, 2014, Slim King wrote:

The earth is heated by the sun.

And that heat is being retained in the atmosphere by the excess co2 our industrialized civilization is generating. Which is why the planet is warming. How difficult is that to understand?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Getting tougher when doomsday prophecies keep coming and going.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
That a big intrusive state, it is often the plutocrat's best friend.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/no......d-review

Anyone that doesn't understand that can not see why some of the elite plutocrats are all for and behind this scam. In short, it may not suit the Koch bothers but it may suit the Rockefeller interests for the control of the resources to be handed to institutes which they control. Our governments are in effect being reduced to mere admin and the power is going to international institutes for global governance. Note that is governance not government. There is a big difference.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Who was that celebrity that made millions by saying the ice caps would be melted by now? Should we have listened to his lies? He was Scamming us! Telling us he knew what he was talking about ... But he was just BSing everyone. But as mentalists we know better. We can see deception ... It's fruits are obvious. Show me proof that greenhouse gasses are BAD. This is an ASSUMPTION ... never proven. What is the perfect temperature for the earth? Can any scientist say for sure? ..more less ..can all scientists agree?
This is another in a long line of scams. Is there more Co2 now then at other times .. Of course! Has it brought on incredible climate change ... absolutely NOT!!!!
The temperature has remained about the same and the sea level has only change minimally. The world is in constant flux ... To extort money from us over this is wrong ... Besides .. Who lied about this first? Who said that 97% of the scientists agreed .... ???? There is your scamster. Smile Smile Smile
The sun heats the earth
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Who was that celebrity that made millions by saying the ice caps would be melted by now?
The sun heats the earth

Which celebrity?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
That celebrity, the one who made millions by saying the ice caps would be melted by now.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I try to get as little information as possible from celebrities.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2991 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Hey Slim -

I grew up in Seattle in the 1960's through the 1980's. What really killed the logging industry was its unsustainable harvest practices. Weyerhaeuser, in particular, was talking out both sides of its mouth when it claimed that its forestry was renewable and sustainable, but then for some reason kept insisting that it be given access to cut the limited old growth cedars and douglas firs that were still left and were protected. If you're really cutting no more trees than you are replacing, why would you need to cut the limited remaining supply of 500+ year old old growth? Didn't make sense, and fortunately enough educated people live in Washington that they weren't fooled (coffee shop "bliss-ninnys," as the folks from Eastern Washington and the Olympic peninsula called them...). And Weyerhaueser kept saying it was providing jobs for the mills, but fact was that the mills became so automated that they employed very few people even at full production capacity. Plus, Weyerhaueser started shipping a large percentage of its cut trees to Asia without milling them in the USA, which effectively undermined the "employment for the people" argument as well. As usual, the corporation was preaching "job-creation" while engaging in rapacious business practices and eliminating as many jobs as possible to boost the bottom line. Yes, it took a court decision about the spotted owl to finally put the brakes on it, but that was always seen as a legal tool necessary to overcome the kickbacks and donations that allowed Weyerhaeuser to basically buy special consideration from the state legislature.

Fortunately, after that some local businesses began expanding nationally, which provided a solid economic base for Washington State independent of logging - companies such as Amazon, Microsoft, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Bartell Drugs, REI, and even Boeing, which was already national, but then became a near monopoly when it absorbed Rockwell North America in 1996 and McDonnell Douglas in 1997.

If the Washington and Oregon economies were still based on logging (which now would probably be done by migrant workers), don't make the mistake of assuming that those states would be better off financially.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Thanks for introducing Slim to the facts about what happened here with the logging industry.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Just as side note.

Facts of the Case

"Ross-Simmons Hardwood Lumber Co. (Ross-Simmons) sued Weyerhaeuser, a competing sawmill, for "predatory buying" in violation of Section 2 of the Sherman Act. Specifically, Weyerhaeuser was accused of buying more raw materials than it needed at unnecessarily high prices. Ross-Simmons alleged that Weyerhaeuser's business practices were aimed at monopolizing the market for purchasing unprocessed sawlogs and forcing its competitors out of business. At the jury trial, jurors were instructed to rule against Weyerhaeuser if Ross-Simmons could prove that Weyerhaeuser bought more sawlogs "than it needed" and paid more "than necessary" for them. Weyerhaeuser objected, arguing that the more stringent guidelines in the case of Brooke Group v. Williamson Tobacco Corp. required a ruling in its favor. In Brooke Group, the Court held that in order for a company to be liable for "predatory pricing," a company must be shown to have been operating at a loss, and to have a "dangerous probability" of recouping its losses.

The District Court rejected Weyerhaeuser's motion, ruling that Brooke Group applies only to predatory pricing, where a company prices its products too low in order force competitors out of the market, and not to predatory buying. Under the less stringent guidelines, the jury found Weyerhaeuser to be in violation of the Sherman Act, and awarded Ross-Simmons $78.8 million in damages. On appeal, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the District Court, ruling that the higher standard of liability for predatory pricing compared to predatory buying is appropriate, because business practices that resemble predatory pricing may result in benefits such as efficiency incentives and lower prices for consumers."

http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2006/2006_05_381

Where a company prices its products too low in order to force competitors out of the market or where it buys up all the raw material etcetera at a high prices in order to force competitors out of the market, it is sharp pratice but it goes on, in all sorts of business's. I know someone who did it with old cookers and became multi millionaire. The gas and electrical companies were taking old cookers as part payment for new ones. They were then selling them to scrap dealers. The fellow I know saw the old cookers could be cleaned up renovated and resold. Others also saw this. So he went and offered the gas and electric shops well over the odds to get all the contracts just to drive the others out of business.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The human race has sure had trouble with "unsustainable" practices of all sorts. Fishing and logging seem to race to the top of the list.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2991 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, tommy wrote:

Where a company prices its products too low in order to force competitors out of the market or where it buys up all the raw material etcetera at a high prices in order to force competitors out of the market, it is sharp pratice but it goes on, in all sorts of business's. I know someone who did it with old cookers and became multi millionaire. The gas and electrical companies were taking old cookers as part payment for new ones. They were then selling them to scrap dealers. The fellow I know saw the old cookers could be cleaned up renovated and resold. Others also saw this. So he went and offered the gas and electric shops well over the odds to get all the contracts just to drive the others out of business.

Which is illegal and anti-competitive, along with "dumping," which led to the Sherman Act in the first place. That's what the Act is all about. Prior to the law, there was a long history in the USA of companies driving others out of business by selling below cost, gaining a monopoly and then drastically jacking up prices when there is no more competition, which is always the end goal. And once again, the Sherman Act was conceived, promoted and signed into law by a Republican, back when the Republicans actually cared about the greater national good over the interests of individual corporations. That was America's heyday, and we've lost ground ever since. It would never pass in 2014 .
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Sad but true. The robber barons are returning with a vengeance.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Obviouly it's illegal. That is what the case I put up says and why I said it's sharp practice and is happening all the time. So what is your point?

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Amazon? Did I hear someone say Amazon?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Hey Max ... I lived in the Northwest twice as long as you did ... From the 1950's to 2,000 ... So you DON"T see the whole picture. My Father, Brother and Myself all worked for WeyCo for Years. what you say is not true. Thousands were laid off because the EPA stopped them. I was just back visiting last week and talked to a WeyCo worker ... He said if it wasn't the spotted owl it would be something else .. another lie about an endangered species.(Just like the Turtle in the news that the EPA is now killing themselves)
It's time to realize these people lie to control the rest of us.
I was a LUMBERJACK .... They laid off thousands of us. There were plenty of trees .. Just look out the window when you fly over Oregon or Washington. And WeyCo planted more trees than they harvested.
Don't by the BS stories ...Trees are america's renewable resource and they reduce carbon in the air. Besides .. Look at all the forest fires now.... Those trees could have went to a useful purpose instead of polluting the air ... The EPA is a joke. Even worse. Smile
The earth is heated by the sun ...prove me wrong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (190 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..70~71~72~73~74..95..115..135..155..175~176~177 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL