The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (191 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..24..45..66..87..104~105~106~107~108..122..135..148..161..174..175~176~177 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Slim- Yes, it IS all about money. Ask the Koch brothers and their ilk who earn massive profits in the absence of carbon emission regulations. Surprised you can't see that. (No, not really.) Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hypothetically;
A conservative would suggest raising prices on AGW stimulants like fossil fuels to let the market sort it out
A liberal would suggest public spending on more efficient transportation and alternative energy production
A hypocrite turns on the AC, turns on the PC and types stuff online to annoy others about AGW, then goes and takes a drive in his car going to a barbecue or to work at a place which makes AGW stimulants.
Again, hypothetically... just saying...

AGW, self fulfilling prophesy made true one post/aggravated reader at a time

Enjoy the Labor Day weekend folks, looks like a fine Saturday in NY
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Well, since I don't drive and all of our power sources here are hydro-electric, your point is hardly universal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroelectr......neration
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Ah but have you or have ever been, a member the dominant 60 strong UN steering committee, worlds leading climate experts and shapers of opinion and policy club, driving the idea of the threat of global warming, which fits the bill of the Rockefeller's interests and a member of the Rockefeller's Club of Rome or and it's Ex-Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev sister club The Climate Task Force?

http://www.climatechangetaskforce.org/
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

No, but I am a member of the Illuminati and have been instructed to tell you we are not pleased with you for giving everyone else credit for things that we do.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2014, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2014, Potty the Pirate wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Global warming is a scam .. We aren't flooding. The heat is only rising at 10 decrees every MILLENIUM ....

...you presumably don't understand the effect that a 10 degree increase in global temperature would have.....or is it just that you don't give a *** about future generations?

You do realize that a millennium is a 1000 years, don't you? If you're worried about the temperature in a 1000 years, maybe you don't realize how quickly technology changes. Please compare technology from 1014 to that of technology today. And also recognize the speed at which it has increased in the last 100 years. It seems a bit silly to me that anyone could begin to think that they could predict ANYTHING about 1000 years from now.

...at least you have made your position clear. You don't care that we are over-exploiting our planet, and leaving behind a huge number of problems for future generations to fix. You expect that someday Humans will find ways to reverse or cope with global warming...perhaps you also assume that one day they will retrieve all the lethal radioactive waste that has been dumped in our oceans.....that won't escape for at least a thousand years either.

I guess when people decide they are prepared to live less selfishly, they might replant the rainforests, who knows?

The Earth is a living organism, and has a consciousness. You might argue that this consciousness is similar to the collective consciousness of a colony of ants, or a hive of bees....although I believe it goes beyond that.

If we Humans live in harmony with the planet, and do all we can to be caretakers of our environment, Nature will treat us with kindness. If, on the other hand, we choose to destroy the beauty around us in a gluttonous orgy of avarice, then Nature will treat us harshly.

It's not just the choices we make, but the reason we make them......
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireSto......25017031

Sometimes I just want people to stop helping.

" Downstream consequences" is the concept. It seems to elude the do something, ANYTHING, crowd fairly regularly. The mirrors attract the bugs, the bugs attract the birds and they get fried at a rate of one every two minutes. Yes they call them "streamers" because of the smoke trail left as the fried carcass drops to the earth.

Thanks for saving our environment. Between 1,000 (If you believe the company.) And 26,000 (If you believe a group watching and counting.) birds a year get toasted well done. Hope mother earth is happy with the sacrafice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
rockwall wrote:

It seems a bit silly to me that anyone could begin to think that they could predict ANYTHING about 1000 years from now.

Silly? I guarantee I could predict with ONE HUNDRED PERCENT accuracy MANY things about the status of things 1000 years from now.

For starters- I predict that neither you nor I will be there. And it only follows logically that many of the things we do or don't do now will certainly have an impact on who IS there.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2014, Potty the Pirate wrote:
The Earth is a living organism, and has a consciousness. You might argue that this consciousness is similar to the collective consciousness of a colony of ants, or a hive of bees....although I believe it goes beyond that.

I wonder if 97% of scientists agree with that!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

It's really a metaphysical question and, as such, is beyond the realm of science. I imagine that there are some scientists who would agree with it as individuals, though.

Nonetheless, I thought everyone knew that it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Bob is one who knows.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
But his character doesn't allow predictions only influence. Smile
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

True. But my prediction in this thread isn't based on my abilities as a mentalist. It was simply a statement of the obvious. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
How to save children from the heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAJ3xrMxoMU

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
It's really a metaphysical question and, as such, is beyond the realm of science. I imagine that there are some scientists who would agree with it as individuals, though.

Nonetheless, I thought everyone knew that it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature. Smile

If it is not nice why is it so often what people seek to do?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I don't know. Why do you think we keep pumping unregulated greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
I don't know. Why do you think we keep pumping unregulated greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere?

Survival. Go figure.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

I guess when those who want to do the "regulating" have absolutely proven themselves untrustworthy it may have an impact.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
Quote:
rockwall wrote:

It seems a bit silly to me that anyone could begin to think that they could predict ANYTHING about 1000 years from now.

Silly? I guarantee I could predict with ONE HUNDRED PERCENT accuracy MANY things about the status of things 1000 years from now.

For starters- I predict that neither you nor I will be there. And it only follows logically that many of the things we do or don't do now will certainly have an impact on who IS there.

I stand corrected. You were indeed able to make a few silly predictions.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
Slim- Yes, it IS all about money. Ask the Koch brothers and their ilk who earn massive profits in the absence of carbon emission regulations. Surprised you can't see that. (No, not really.) Smile

Bob... Obama's buddies want MY MONEY!!! The Koch brothers aren't taxing me a cent .. The government is ...
Surprised you refuse to see that.....makes me wonder....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (191 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..24..45..66..87..104~105~106~107~108..122..135..148..161..174..175~176~177 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL