The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (190 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..30..57..84..111..138~139~140~141~142..149..155..161..167..173..175~176~177 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So it is nonsense that the Middle East relies on the export of fossil fuels for economic stability? YOU try to claim I have prejudice and then tell me I am flaming? Laughable just as most of your utopian ideas.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
"and how is that different than any other newly minted true believer out to tell the world what they should be doing for their own good?"

Because it isn't for their own good. It is for our very survival as a race. Me, my kids, my grandkids, and my great grandkids.

A little bit different than telling someone to exercise or lower their colesterol. It is about perserving life and culture as we know.

Slightly different thing.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
So it is nonsense that the Middle East relies on the export of fossil fuels for economic stability? YOU try to claim I have prejudice and then tell me I am flaming? Laughable just as most of your utopian ideas.

It is nonsense to keep accusing me of having a plan for a global utopia.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Edit
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Edit
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:

What do you refer to then when you speak of global cooperation and of global compliance? Everyone will just get along and all will be right with the world.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4791 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, RNK wrote:
The only true diplomacy that will always work is the diplomacy that the military enforces! Survival of the Fittest and the strong will surivive. Try diplomacy with ISIS. Im sure they will listen.

Quite right that ISIS will not listen to diplomacy. They want a military confrontation and will accept nothing else.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, RNK wrote:
The only true diplomacy that will always work is the diplomacy that the military enforces! Survival of the Fittest and the strong will surivive. Try diplomacy with ISIS. Im sure they will listen.

Quite right that ISIS will not listen to diplomacy. They want a military confrontation and will accept nothing else.

Seriously?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:

What do you refer to then when you speak of global cooperation and of global compliance? Everyone will just get along and all will be right with the world.

Yawn. Where did you find those words in my posts?

I said "international cooperation". It happens all the time. You don't need unanimity to have high levels of cooperation to produce results. Once again, consider the global eradication of smallpox.

Seriously Danny, why not respond to what I say, instead of what you pretend that I say?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Which is quite different from the global eradication of fossil fuels. But keep trying.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Quote:
Which is quite different from the global eradication of fossil fuels. But keep trying.

And who said that?

Still making things up, Danny? What is your point?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You called me prejudice. You made that up out of whole cloth.

Do you or do you not believe the burning of fossil fuel is a problem? Do you or do you not believe we need to reduce such activities to benefit the planet?

No weasel words just state your position without calling me prejudice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

I believe that the emission of greenhouse gases (from any source) is a problem, and that the overall output should be reduced.

No weasel words. And I won't speculate on the ethical character of whole nations or groups of nations with related language and religion either. That would be prejudiced.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So you can speculate that everyone will just get along and that is ok right but if someone points out that perhaps you have miscalculated that is suddenly prejudice? Weak at best but keep it up. It shows you have absolutely no point.

Nice to throw religion in there add if I mentioned it. Hot button the issue so it stops the push back to you and your utopian bs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Quote:
So you can speculate that everyone will just get along and that is ok right but if someone points out that perhaps you have miscalculated that is suddenly prejudice? Weak at best but keep it up. It shows you have absolutely no point.

I have never said that "everyone will just get along."

Show some integrity, Danny.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The same sort of "integrity" that you are showing by trying to plant that I have somehow engaged in prejudice? You mean THAT kind of integrity? How about you stop the baiting and such and show some yourself?

Oh wait let me guess you didn't do that and I imagined it right? You didn't mean me although you were responding directly to me right? More wiggle words right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

You need a dictionary, Danny. Look up prejudice.You'll discover that it means "any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable" (Random House Dictionary).
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Really that was your intent huh.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Pre judice.

1250-1300; Middle English < Old French < Latin praejūdicium prejudgment, orig. preliminary or previous judicial inquiry, equivalent to prae- pre- + jūdicium legal proceedings, judging ( jūdic-, stem of jūdex judge + -ium -ium )
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prejudice

ALSO adds formed without thought or reason. I do have a dictionary John. Now what? Still saying it was not an insult?

Nope just keep trying to use wiggle words.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (190 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..30..57..84..111..138~139~140~141~142..149..155..161..167..173..175~176~177 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL