The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (190 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..31..59..87..115..139~140~141~142~143..150..156..162..168..174..175~176~177 [Next]
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Yes, Danny. You prejudge all the time.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sure. You never do and nobody you agree with does and you didn't try to paint that broad brush to distract. Your tactics are pretty transparent.

Your utopia fits not exist and never will. This is a fact.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Yawn. Back to the utopia, Danny? Have you looked that one up in the dictionary? I believe that international cooperation is possible and have given evidence that it often is, while never claiming that it is perfect. You'd better look that one up too, Danny.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4845 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, RNK wrote:
The only true diplomacy that will always work is the diplomacy that the military enforces! Survival of the Fittest and the strong will surivive. Try diplomacy with ISIS. Im sure they will listen.

Quite right that ISIS will not listen to diplomacy. They want a military confrontation and will accept nothing else.

Seriously?

Exactly. Landmark must be living with his head in the ground. He must have not listened or heard when these radical islamic extremists said they want to wipe out western civilization.

Unreal!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4824 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The only true diplomacy that will always work is the diplomacy that the military enforces! Survival of the Fittest and the strong will surivive. Try diplomacy with ISIS. Im sure they will listen.

Quite right that ISIS will not listen to diplomacy. They want a military confrontation and will accept nothing else.

Seriously?

Exactly. Landmark must be living with his head in the ground. He must have not listened or heard when these radical islamic extremists said they want to wipe out western civilization.

Unreal!

Good Lord. I agree with you that ISIS will not listen to diplomacy. I think they are evil, not withstanding Gandhi's comment about "western civilization." Sheesh.

And yes, I think that they would like nothing more than to get foreign boots on the ground. It increases their stature among the locals, provides a stream of new recruits from families whose members will inevitably have been killed as "collateral damage," and, as in all guerilla-type wars, it allows them to capture nice new shiny weapons. These are not surprising statements. The evolution and tactics of an asymmetric war are well known to militaries all around the world.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, landmark wrote:
[
Good Lord. I agree with you that ISIS will not listen to diplomacy. I think they are evil, not withstanding Gandhi's comment about "western civilization." Sheesh.

And yes, I think that they would like nothing more than to get foreign boots on the ground. It increases their stature among the locals, provides a stream of new recruits from families whose members will inevitably have been killed as "collateral damage," and, as in all guerilla-type wars, it allows them to capture nice new shiny weapons. These are not surprising statements. The evolution and tactics of an asymmetric war are well known to militaries all around the world.

So, going to war with boots on the ground against ISIS would be considered appeasement.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously?

Unreal!

Just to be clear I was only asking if you were serious about the statement as it surprised me. Anything that happened after I have no part in.

But as an extension of your logic it would seem counter productive to put in boots on the ground as it seems to be their goal? I would probably agree.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3359 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
When we beat ISIS, where will they go? Don't they just melt away into the population, and attack us when they have the opportunity? Do we just stay in Iraq forever, to "protect" the population from their own people?

We are going to be arming Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites. What could possibly go wrong?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Pop yes. It seems as if we provide protection but in reality it is little more than providing targets.

I have no solution.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15940 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Nazi Muslim Brotherhood controlled by the CIA created ISIS and they were armed and trained and funded by the USA. They will go wherever they are told. Aruba, perhaps?

You had better start behaving yourself anyway or the experts up the mountain will send you some more scary weather reports.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4824 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

I have no solution.

That's about as honest an assessment as I've heard yet. It's a terrible situation. Not easy to say what will work, but pretty clear what won't.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15940 Posts

Profile of tommy
What's not working?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

I have no solution.

That's about as honest an assessment as I've heard yet. It's a terrible situation. Not easy to say what will work, but pretty clear what won't.

Yea I just wonder if we get to this point and realize solutions create problems sometimes?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20260 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, tommy wrote:
What's not working?

Anything that has ever been done by us in the history of our involvement in the region for example.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15940 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
MagicKingdom10
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of MagicKingdom10
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2014, tommy wrote:
You are an old man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI5hrcwU7Dk

This movie contains so many inspirational scenes! I first discovered this film while watching Zeitgeist, a highly eye-opening documentary! The message from this movie is very powerful and to think that it was created many decades ago and it is still perfectly relevant today.
Thanks for posting this fascinating clip Tommy! I enjoyed it immensely Smile
I Love You God Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15940 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile Zeitgeist, well I am not sure about them. I think they are part of new world order. Still yes, it is an eye-opening documentary and fascinating.

Tommy
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
It doesn't surprise me to find that a bunch of liars and deceivers, by trade, would fall for a bunch of lies and deceits from another trade.
Look up the FACTS folks. Stop falling for the BS. LOOK IT UP YOURSELVES. All claims of man made global warming are based on COMPUTER MODELS not evidence. And the models are being manipulated to fit an agenda because the evidence isn't supporting it. It's all a man made hoax. And useful fools are keeping it alive because the evidence is simply not there.

M&S
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Ebola will get you first. Use the Climate Change Money to wipe this out first.
Dennis Michael
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4824 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
All claims of man made global warming are based on COMPUTER MODELS not evidence

I wouldn't say that the results of a computer model are by definition not good evidence. We rely on computer models all the time for lots of things.

Whether a particular computer model is an accurate predictor is another question and must be determined on a case by case basis.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (190 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..31..59..87..115..139~140~141~142~143..150..156..162..168..174..175~176~177 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL