The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (190 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..38..73..108..143..175~176~177
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3352 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
He's ignoring actual NASA data and simply stating what his niece told him, which is obviously out of context or simply incorrect.
Lora IS the person who actually gets the data ... her nickname is Cold Lora since she spent so many months on both the north and south polar regions ...

As in all things I trust someone who was actually THERE, whether she's my niece or not. NASA needs the money and they will spin it any way it takes to get more. Smile

Well, if your niece is the source of your inside information, at least you could give us her credentials--what is her degree, and what are her areas of expertise? What exactly does she say about NASA's position and whether it is based on science or on fundraising needs?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
NASA's position is quite different than the one Slim attributes to his niece.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Here's a refresher of the relevant bits of the discussion about Slim's (well qualified) niece.

Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, Slim King wrote:
I have posted the findings of Dr. Lora Koenig , my favorite niece, above. These are REAL FACTS from REAL SCIENTISTS who cite REAL STUDIES and who REALLY GO TO THE ICE CAPS AND DRILL REAL ICE CORES ......
So use all the conjecture and assumtions you can muster ... The real NASA scientists say it come in 150 year cycles ... and it's right on time.
Dr. Lora first went to the Greenland Summit in 2008.....
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Feature......gKoenig/

Lora knows that the sun heats the earth ... Uncle Dave told her that ...
Smile

Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Um, Slim, I have bad news for you. The email you cite from Lora Koenig does not say that global warming and cooling is a 150 year cycle, as you claimed on p. 76 of this thread. Nor does it agree with the wsj article that talks about 15 years of surface temperature stability. It does not support your contention that all the scientists (except your niece, of course) are frauds. She claims cyclic activity in the summit of one glacier on Greenland. She even goes so far as to warn you against over-generalizing her results: "Since this is an ice core record that frequency is for the location of Summit only."

She does go on to say that there are some cycles observed elsewhere in the glacier that she was studying.

How does any of this suggest that human emissions have had no effect on global temperatures? She certainly gives no indication that the MAGNITUDE of the warming and cooling are always the same.

But let's grant a cyclic nature to the glacier. There is no reason to doubt Dr. Koenig. What that means is that a significant part of the temperature, radiation and absorption is independent of human activity. Well everybody knows that. No one has ever denied that. The issue with AGW is that humans are contributing to the causal nexus and have changed the MAGNITUDE of things.

Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I don't think Dave understood what his niece was saying at all. It certainly has no bearing whatsoever on AGW.

Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Speaking about the unprecedented Greenland ice melt of 2012, Lora Koenig said: "Ice cores from Summit show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150 years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time. But if we continue to observe melting events like this in upcoming years, it will be worrisome."

Quote:
On Sep 9, 2014, Payne wrote:

Here's a video of Slim's favorite niece telling us that the ice is thinner than it should be.

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3352 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
It doesn't seem to me that she is saying anything different than the rest of NASA.

Keep up with most important climate change statistics here:

http://climate.nasa.gov/
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What a wonderful young lady!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes Danny, but when we make them we are held responsible.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Oct. 6, 2014: The cold waters of Earth’s deep ocean have not warmed measurably since 2005, according to a new NASA study.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sci......t_abyss/
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scientists agree on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (190 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..38..73..108..143..175~176~177
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL