The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12~13~14 [Next]
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2014, Steven Keyl wrote:
Phil, I've already got a tracing option in the update pipeline. Just trying to figure out how many options to include, i.e. opacity and color as options. As far as a blank screen, that's up to the user (or confederate). Just set the fake springboard screen to a solid background and for the writer, it will be a blank screen. Work has already started on the next update so hopefully we can get all of these changes added.

That's good to hear. I see can great potential for having multiple colours.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
emran
View Profile
New user
NYC
32 Posts

Profile of emran
Hey Steven! Thank for using my idea to store a copy of the prediction in the photo album! I feel like this is going to grow into a even better application!

Adding the STMP option is great too!

Also the custom email message doesn't let you put RETURNS into it. It just puts everything back to back with no spacing between lines.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Great stuff. I'll put the prediction text formatting on the fix list. I've also got a few ideas to make the whole emailing process easier.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Just tried to do this trick for the first time. Could never get an email to go thru. It showed up on the persons phone as a link. I tried 3 times. Bummer!
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
The first email went thru, second one no joy!
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Is the server down?
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Just tried again and I get "no image available".
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I just tested it a couple of times and cannot reproduce the issues you're reporting. Try testing this on your own device to limit the number of variables. Also, don't view the email until after the upload from the performing device is completed, as denoted by the white dots in the corners.

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
It is working now! Wonder why it was down?
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
When it was down I made sure the white dots were visible before viewing and it was not working. I tried several times. Thanks for the support! Must be gremlins!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Glad it's working for you now!

B2B Magazine Test!

Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2014, gvinson wrote:
Just tried to do this trick for the first time. Could never get an email to go thru. It showed up on the persons phone as a link. I tried 3 times. Bummer!

That's the exact same problem I had. Not using Wi-Fi solved the problem, at least for me.
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Phil, thanks for the suggestion. I will try and disable Wi-Fi as it was enabled and see if I can duplicate the condition.
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
I noticed that in the assistant app, I cannot load an image from the camera folder for the prediction image. It loads fine in the main app. I wanted to email the image to my assistant to be used on his phone. I can load the springboard image fine. Anyone else have this issue? I am testing it by running both apps on my phone. It won't load any image for the prediction image.
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Not had any problems loading from my camera roll on either app.
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Hi Phil, I am using an iphone 4, is that what you are using? Thanks!
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Yes, iPhone 4. Also tried it on an iPad that worked as well.
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Phil, I just tried it on an Ipad as well and the assistant app will only load a picture from the library for the springboard image. It won't load a picture from the library for the prediction image. It behaves the same on my iphone. Did you try to load a picture from "The Library" for the prediction image? Thanks, very strange!
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
One other piece of information, the image I am trying to load from the photo library is an image that I saved by taking a picture from the app so I made sure is was the right format.
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Correction to the last post: The photo that would not load came from my camera on the iphone independently of the app and saved to the camera roll.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL