The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
No cool shots of meteor showers, limos, street performance montages or dudes in baggy jeans. Just a quick explanation for what I believe is a nice app to add to your performing toolbox.

This application allows one to predict a number, word, drawing or any other information that a person might name. It is intended for mentalists, magicians and other mystery entertainers and is priced accordingly (currently at $29).

Imagine using your phone as a modern swami gimmick. Is this a replacement for that tried-and-true piece of kit? Of course not, but it can be a nice complement to techniques you might already use.

In performance, you send an email to your participant who then provides a number, name, drawing, etc. They then check their email to see that you've predicted in advance what they were going to say.

21st Century Prediction will work by itself, but the illusion is made more powerful by employing a hidden assistant. This assistant will require the “21st Century Prediction Assistant” application (which is FREE!). You can have as many assistants as you wish (but of course, only one at at time). This allows for a dramatic increase in the frequency with which you'll be using this application.

Any party, bar or structured performing situation will allow you an opportunity to find an assistant. Since the assistant app is free, they won't have to pony up any dough to be that assistant. The nicest part about the assistant is that you can send the email to the participant, put your phone away and never touch it again.

You can see a quick demo of a SOLO performance, which can be quite convincing as well:

http://keylmagic.com/site/portfolio-view......diction/

Right now, the app and assistant app are only available in the iPhone App Store. Work has begun on Android versions which will be cross-compatible. In other words, when completed, the iPhone app will work with an Android assistant and vice-versa. When that's done nearly anyone with a smart phone can become your confederate.

We actually had a soft launch of this app in October and it has been available since then. At this point, we're confident that it's stable and ready for more widespread adoption.

Inside the app you will find extensive written instructions and a 30 minute video which explains all the ins-and-outs. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your time. See you around the Café!
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
This is brilliant!!!!! Works like a charm!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Maybe there's finally something to replace Email Wizard

If so I'm very interested in this.
starnight
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of starnight
Waiting the android version!!!!
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
How does this app handle the situation where someone notices they haven't received a vibrate or audio notification that they've been sent an email? In other words, aren't they going to get the sound or vibration AFTER they give their answer?
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
If it works as our app TZP works, they should receive the email first and then you push the gained info into that email.

Myke
X
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Ive been itching to mention TZP Smile
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Scott, Myke is correct in that the email is sent prior to gaining any necessary information. This is not an SMS message so it isn't pushed from the cell network to the device in quite the same way. Depending on their device, their mail client, etc. they may not get an audible/visual notification at all in the time between you sending the email and them providing the information, but of course you could specifically wait for a notification.

In my experience, this hasn't been an issue since after I send the initial email I put the phone away and never use it again (I usually work this in confederate mode). As long as those initial conditions are clearly spelled out to your audience backtracking it becomes very difficult.

By the way, Myke, love your apps, man!

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
No Android? Smile
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Guys this app is incredible. Incredible.

Steven, I haven't demoed live yet. I put up my own pic holding a piece of paper - any tips for making the imprinted image appear more "ingrained" into the photo? It appears a bit too bold compared to the photo itself... Of course I could be totally overthinking it. I used a photo holding a thick marker (changed font to smallest as well) and am practicing swami-ING the info as smooth as possible (to mimic what it would look like in real life).
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
NO WAY!!! Steven, you are a top man Smile
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I don't have this yet but I think the idea of N**l W**t**g to create a prediction inside an Email is a fantastic idea.

Well done Steven!

Myke
X
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Parkrocker, Android version is being worked right now. Hold tight!

DynaMix, you're absolutely right about the blending of the ink on the paper. It doesn't look as blended because the ink is solid black. This is being fixed in the next release to be more of a dark gray which will look more naturally blended in the photo. In the meantime, the two things you can do on your end to alleviate the problem are:

• Make sure that the photo you take doesn't use a flash and has more subdued lighting. Not necessarily dark, but not too bright.
  • Change the color of the paper you use to something off-white or even some other solid color. The darker the color you use for the paper the more blended the "ink" will look.

Granted, you shouldn't have to deal with these workarounds but the issue is being worked. Personally, I just use normal white paper with regular lighting and in my photos the effect isn't too pronounced.

Sean and Myke, thanks for the comments! The next update should be out in the next 4-6 weeks.

B2B Magazine Test!

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
All,

There is currently an issue with the web server. Until it is resolved nobody will be doing any 21st century predicting. I sincerely apologize for this and once this is fixed will take additional steps to further stabilize the web server. It failed last night sometime around 10 PM and I've been working the issue with the network people. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it should be back on line soon.

B2B Magazine Test!

DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
This happened to me twice last night! I'm glad at least the message came up saying it was unsuccessful.

Thanks for keeping on top of things sir!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Another vote for Android here Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Awesome Steven! Can't wait To geht my Handy in this one! When you need a betatester I'm volunteering Smile

Regards
Nico
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
It looks like a cool email magic app. I'm open to trying it out. Is it on the App Store yet?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Yes it is on the app store but the Web server won't be back online for another day or so.

B2B Magazine Test!

James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
Sounds familiar...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP*** (26 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL