We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Levitation Impossible by Steve Fearson: Review. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Levitation Impossible a solution to a challenge that Steve Fearson posed nearly 20 years ago. A challenge that until now, was impossible. The challenge to cause an object to animate and levitate while isolated under a glass, with no thread.

When I first read the above remarks from Steve Fearson, it got me a little excited, maybe a lot excited, who am I kidding.
Ordered as soon it was listed pre order taken, having no idea how this effect was performed, in fact Steve was not giving to much away at the time, no doubt many of you's realized this, with just glimpses of the effect posted on Steves website.

Two weeks later release day came and gone, two weeks later, here I am posting about this awesome effect. I've managed to practice the effect for the past few days, The basic moves, that is, I have not attempted the Advanced moves, but It don't look to overly difficult to perform. That's the thing about this illusion, it's not all the difficult to perform.

Lets talk briefly what you get without revealing the secret off course.

What do you get?
A nice card with quality printing front and back. On this card is a small envelope in bold writing.
THIS PACKAGE CONTAINS
TOP SECRET
GIMMICKS & PASSCODE.

I eagerly opened to find out what the Top Secret is and wham there it was, hit me like a truck. Very clever. That is very clever and had a chuckle.
Ok, it didn't go exactly like that, but I have no doubt some of you's it did, I had the privileged to witness the tutorial video before hand, Thanks Steve.

The Tutorial DVD is a download, you receive a link to a website with a Top Secret Passcode to access the tutorial video.

Let's talk about the video:
Steve's video is of professional quality in HD for apx half hour.
Steve goes through two full performances first, both an basic and advanced method, before revealing what the secret is. Some of you probably would have known by this stage as you most likely would have ripped open that Top Secret Envelope before viewing the Tutorial. I watched the DVD first, so that was a special moment for me to view.

Steve goes through the Handling, how to put the gimmick together, which is very easy to do, can be done in minutes and once it's setup it's a very quick setup. Steve show's how to reveal and setup the note, the note can be borrowed of course, as well as the wine glass. There's no big secret involved with the wine glass, any wine glass can be used. I even tried this with a normal clear glass and it worked.
Anything you would want to know is covered in the DVD.

I now owned this effect for apx a week now and managed to squeeze in some practice time,

There's not a lot of footage out there, so I hope this is ok but I am going to attach a YouTube video I just created of myself performing the basic version. It's not exactly as shown by Steve, Steve's the master of this, so I hope I do him justice by showing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL0xPRb3T......re=share
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6748 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you Phillip! Love it! Gonna get it! Smile

Doug
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nd19YAs......ayereres

a short presentation using a normal clear glass

Will try the advanced technique today for the fisrt time.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1468 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
It's not levitating. It's suspending.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Nice vid but unsure how you make it part of a routine...I prefer the levitation from a table goin up because when it starts up in the glass I think laymen think the crushed bill is stuck up in it...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6748 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 20:33, MagicBrent wrote:
...when it starts up in the glass I think laymen think the crushed bill is stuck up in it...

Until it rotates! Smile

Doug
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4289 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 21:09, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 20:33, MagicBrent wrote:
...when it starts up in the glass I think laymen think the crushed bill is stuck up in it...

Until it rotates! Smile

Doug
This is true, I think even the thought of it possibly being stuck up in the glass could add a bit to the effect, where the spectators leads to think one thing and once something happens it catches them off guard.

I'm on the fence on this, it does look pretty darn good.

But a great question, how would one make this a part of the routine?
Could start off with something small, like Andrew Gerard's Energy Bill and move up to this.

This could sound silly like I'm putting random effects together, but you could have a theme with enough thought.

Ignition
Energy Bill
Levitation Impossible
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Levitation Impossible by Steve Fearson: Review. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL