The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Imagination Coins by Garrett Thomas: William Draven's Layout (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
When I ordered from Penguin a few years back I did ask for some extra quarters, not being American, and they included them for free, hows that for customer service
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2019, Neznarf wrote:
I have done this routine many times and the helper has not messed me up as yet.

Have not tried it was Half's but that will work.

I like this and Garrett Thomas taught it well.

But like some of the above comment about Audience Management is correct.

Agree, I use this a lot and it gets fantastic reactions and the spectator has never noticed anything! I was definitely nervous the first few times I performed this regarding the spectator noticing something but it never happened! Such a great routine!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Love this as well. I also worked and worked on this in practice for a long time due to seeing the potential of this effect. I have used it in about three walk-around gigs that e I have booked recently since it takes up no pocket space. People are in absolute shock, and I also was nervous that they would notice something in the last phase. Nope, never have anyone noticed in all of the times I tested this out on friends, family, and charity gigs before adding it to the repertoire of effects for paid performances. Garrett Thomas is a worker.

The only thing I have been shy about now is using Kennedy half dollars. For those in the know that own this, you know why (cannot say anymore due to read of exposure). I know Garrett used Kennedy halfs for a live performance on the Imagination Coins DVD to great acclaim.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I have used Kennedy half dollars and still no one has noticed a thing! A beautiful effect!!!
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 8, 2019, RNK wrote:
I have used Kennedy half dollars and still no one has noticed a thing! A beautiful effect!!!

Wow. Just like the live performance on the Imagination Coins DVD. The one time I performed this with Kennedy halfs, it was for a magician that claimed to be an expert with coins. He chastised the effect and said it wouldn't impress anyone. I took a lot of things he said with a grain of salt but continued to have reservations with doing this effect with Kennedy halfs. He hated the effect overall and didn't see how incredible this effect can be for laypeople. I simply continued to get amazing reactions from this using US quarters until I lost the gimmick along with some other beloved effects. I will try performing this with Kennedy halfs again.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes, try it out! Layman won't have a clue. At least they not yet in my experiences, lol!
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Sounds great RNK. I will. You and Garrett talked me into it. Smile

Are you still performing IC (with US quarters of course) in conjunction with Quarter Pounder? How are the reactions with your routine using melding these two effects together in a seamless performance.

I have been playing around and performing a coin bend for people after performing the last phase of IC. I find it is as a perfect follow up since they have handled all 4 coins. Plus, from a scripting perspective, it just flows nicely from talking about imagination to what you can do with the human mind.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes, still using IC with QP. I usually do QP first because IC seems to always get stronger reactions. I do agree, the coin bend is a very nice addition to end on. What are you using for your coin bend? Ox Bender?
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

I never picked up an Ox Bender. I know a lot of people here loved it (Jared here has taken it to the next level in terms of performing a real miracle). Like saysold1 has said throughout the years (and not just because he is friends with John T Sheets), QB3 is the best, bar none. I strongly agree. I picked one up about 2 years ago, and it is has retired my Coinvexed 3 (which is an incredible product in itself). QB3 is so much easier from a pocket management perspective, and I use it to also do key bends using some techniques I picked up from that fertile minds of Andrew Gerard and John T Sheets. I still love Coinvexed 3, the type of bend it makes, and the routining taught. I don't think I will ever sell it. Both QB3 and Coinvexed are extemely strong and are excellent. I recently performed for a know-it-all at work, who then attempted to google. She blurted out a method after my performance the next day in my office (annoying but that is her annoying personality...she "knows" everything about everything but really does not); she then admitted later on that she had no earthly clue (which made me grin like a Cheshire Cat in Wonderland).
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ah, good story... I never used QB3, have heard great things about it. Though, for price point purposes, I stick with the Ox. It works and has never been spotted during performance so I just decided to stay with it. Though, I do miss bending keys. I used Jon's FLEXION for a long time until I lost my cap. was so bummed! So I see how the QB3 would be useful to accomplish both keys and coins.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Thanks RNK. I love QB3 and Coinvexed because the gimmick is in plan sight. If you are ever in the market to buy Flexion, let me know. I have a like new one that I bought here on the Café that is just sitting in my magic drawer. I never used it due to getting a QB3 on sale a few months afterwards. Flexion seems great, but with owning a QB3 and Energy Bender, I have every key known to man covered.

The Quarter Pounder is on my learn list. I love Paul Wilson's and Steve Duscheck's gimmick. I see huge potential with QP. Hopefully, I receive those RNK audience reactions (a room full of Johns from the old L&L videos).
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2019, The Mysterious One wrote:
Thanks RNK. I love QB3 and Coinvexed because the gimmick is in plan sight. If you are ever in the market to buy Flexion, let me know. I have a like new one that I bought here on the Café that is just sitting in my magic drawer. I never used it due to getting a QB3 on sale a few months afterwards. Flexion seems great, but with owning a QB3 and Energy Bender, I have every key known to man covered.

The Quarter Pounder is on my learn list. I love Paul Wilson's and Steve Duscheck's gimmick. I see huge potential with QP. Hopefully, I receive those RNK audience reactions (a room full of Johns from the old L&L videos).

QP is so easy to perform! You will love it. I may decide to pick up Flexion again, I will et you know if I do. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Imagination Coins by Garrett Thomas: William Draven's Layout (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL