The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The American Nightmare needs help. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Twitch
View Profile
New user
Buckley, WA
80 Posts

Profile of Twitch
Hey all,

I'm in the midst of a problem involving the show I'm putting together calle "The American Nightmare" It's kind of a dark Romeo and Juliette story told by magic and music only. The problem we are having is in the end of the show, I need a very visual Illusion that would fit in to the whole Romea and Juliette ending. Are second problem lies in if we can't build or get plans for it we can't do it, this is my first big production and Don't have alot of funding. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Twitch
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Does this illusion need to finish the play? Does it need to kill anyone? Sword thru body done by herself? Does it need to illustrate the angst of two kids? Want drama, danger or Copperfieldishly poetic vignettes? What would you like the illusons to accomplish, or do they need only to be 'in context OF the play, but have nothing to do WITH the play'? What is happening onstage when you think an illusion would be appropriate?

Fill us in.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Twitch
View Profile
New user
Buckley, WA
80 Posts

Profile of Twitch
Sorry I should have been more specific, at the end of the play I'm really looking for somthing that would show the angst of loss I was thinking about using paul osbornes "shred her" for the death of the girl. but I need to figure out a good powerfull illusion for my on stage demise.

The quicky rundown of the show, is I play a guy who is kind of an outcast and theres the group of kids that like to pick on the diffrent one, in that group is my assistant who plays the girl. in the process of the other tormenting me (a rather elaborate sub trunk routine)I find out I have some powers and the girl is kind of in wonder about it. after several other illusions and effects. the other group decides to get revenge on me by getting ride of her (the part where the girl dies). then I go to get my revenge on them and in turn die in the process ending the show.

It goes into alot more detail and if you want to know everything let me know it's just alot to type here. I'm thinking somthing with a vanish but I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks.
Tantrik
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Tantrik
How about "Impaled?"
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
141 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
You don't want to build an Impaled
Twitch
View Profile
New user
Buckley, WA
80 Posts

Profile of Twitch
I've heard some horror stories about people trying to build those. if I could afford it that would be a great idea
skilusion
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of skilusion
I have thought about it for a little bit and here is what I have come up with:

Ok the girl dies; you bury her at a cemetery. Later in the show you walk back to the cemetery and kneel at her grave on stage left. The boys follow you and from out of nowhere grab you and wrap you like a mummy. They place you, standing up, on a conveyer belt (stage right) and they push you into a crematorium. The crematorium lights up like fire and then they open it and you are gone. They bend down pick up ashes.

From here you can do a lot of things, you could reappear in the back, the show could be over, or you could have the boys dressed in cloaks when they grab you and you appear in a cloak after they show you are gone. I am sure you can create something from here. I would love to say that this is an original illusion that I created but actually it is in a Paul Osborne book. There are plans and everything. I probably wouldn’t cost very much at all. I can’t remember the name of the book exactly but it is “Evolution Revolution” or something like that. If you are interested and want more info or the exact name of the book PM me and I can get it to you. Hope this helps
skilusion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The American Nightmare needs help. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL