The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ye gods, don't shoot me for this » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
Somebody else gets the credit for this piece of 'creativity' and he is a vegetarian of quite some years and an animal lover so again, just read this with a creative magicians mind.

He suggested using a cat and the Stealth Pen. Pushing it through an ear!

Besides the obvious, the 'right' cat with the right attitude perhaps there are other animals/props etc. in use in a trick for a bizzar use besides a dollar?

again, don't shoot the messenger. That is all. [backs out of room...} Smile
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I like that. It would go well with the decaptitation routine. I will schedule it for the next Vegan seminar.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Why would someone want to depict cruelty to an animal?

Though making a gimmick in the form of a q-tip might be interesting. You know the situation when a cat gets ear mites.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You used three of the cat's nine lives. Smile

Does A. Puharic (sp?) still live in Ossining? He's the dude that believes the flying saucer folks come see him. He swore Uri Gellar jumped from 34th St. in Manattan, NY and landed on his front porch wrecking his screen door. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I saw a video of someone doing this at cheaterscheater.com
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
279 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Quote:
On 2004-01-02 19:37, JonTown wrote:
Why would someone want to depict cruelty to an animal?

Why depict cruelty to a woman by sawing her in half? or by cutting off ones finger using a finger chopper?
dreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
156 Posts

Profile of dreidy
Perhaps because the woman gets into the box voluntarily and doesn't look like she's worried about being treated cruelly. Actually I've always wondered why it's never a man being sawn in half... and the finger chopping, remember the fingers don't actually look like they've come off.

'Pens through' look as if the pen really is through, not a good look on a live fluffy animal.

David.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The incongruent and delusional behavior of human beings giddy to step into boxes for the pleasure of being apparently mutilated has no bearing on cruelty to animals. Consider your reaction to a hypothetical situation where a child emulates your trick with the family pet....

You are responsible for the images and messages you deliver to your audience. Please at least own your choices.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Yes! Please don't perform this on animals and if you must, don't do it in front of children.

Kirk
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I agree in the strongest terms.

Jim

(Hi, Kirk)
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
How about pen thru Rocky Raccoons ear, would this be considered off limits?
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Almost-A-Magician
View Profile
Regular user
New England
160 Posts

Profile of Almost-A-Magician
The pen through bill is more visual anyway. Leave the animals alone!!!!
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Hi James,

I agree that the effect could be somewhat obscured by all that fur. Plus one of the benefits is that you use the spectators bill. Of course, if you like bizarre, there is no reason you couldn't use your own ear or tongue for that matter.

Kirk.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ye gods, don't shoot me for this » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL