The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » B'Voque by Mark Elsdon (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Just seen the trailer for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqrrHn0lJdI

Looks interesting, wondered if anyone had any more details on it?
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Not a fan from the trailer, just looks like equié&é&ue with a standard brainwave. Would love some more info
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
I am sure Mark has added something new to the plot. Otherwise, I don't think he would market it. I would love to hear more.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Any news?
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Anybody seen any more on this?
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
Huh.... it doesn't seen to be any different from the original...

Can someone come and clarify/explain the differences?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Well, this is examinable and the original is not. Mark performed this for me live. What you are buying is a new Eq***** procedure that is very fair. Different from what I've seen (or, rather, heard) before. Mark's got some great thinking on Eq******.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Cameron,

I've been doing a totally ungimmicked/examinable B'Wave using eq******* for some time. From the trailer, it seems (though not shown) that Mark actually shows four regular queens and ends up with the chosen queen and three blanks. Is that what is different?

Regards, Steve
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2014, yachanin wrote:
Hi Cameron,

I've been doing a totally ungimmicked/examinable B'Wave using eq******* for some time. From the trailer, it seems (though not shown) that Mark actually shows four regular queens and ends up with the chosen queen and three blanks. Is that what is different?

Regards, Steve

At no point in the trailer do I see any evidence of that - just 3 blanks and the other color backed queen. I can't be positive on one of them, but it looks like it's always the queen of clubs. I'm hoping they at least include all 4 queens so if you were doing this you could force different queens for different people - including a deck of the different color so that you'd be able to really switch the card a lot would probably increase the cost.

Final guess - 3 blanks and the different colored queen of clubs.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Bart,

I think I misunderstood what Mark was saying in the video at :43 seconds. I watched the video again and I think what I believed was a reference to showing actual cards was simply Mark going over what had happened with an imaginary deck of cards. If you watch the video beginning at :43, Mark is talking with the gentleman saying things like "you said you saw me take the four queens, and then said you saw me put the queens inside the envelope,..." I realize now Mark had probably presented the effect as one of "Imagine I have a deck of cards and I take out the four queens. Can you see me doing that? Now I'll put the four queens in this envelope. Can you see how I'm doing that now? etc."

As far as cards, all they would need to include would be three blank face cards. Use your own deck of a different colored back and you can choose any card to use in the routine.

Regards, Steve
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Alain Nu put out a similar idea called Nu Wave years ago.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Steve, yes, at first the cards are imaginary. They are only seen at the end.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Garbo
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Garbo
Looks pretty impressive to me!! Smile
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
I think this routine is great for the experienced performer who knows how to manage their audience with the techniques advised and Mr Elsdon puts it all across in his usual expert manner.

Will now keep this with me at all times.

Barry
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Surely Mark's approach to the ungimmicked B'wave is worth .

I create mu own approach several years ago and publish it in one of my books and I know that this routine can be done just with straight e****oque but can be place in other level using several other finesses and techniques to create a powerful impression and affect your audience with more impossibility.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys –
This is Mark’s take on the classic Brian-Wave effect. It is VERY well worth the price.
This will be in stock through all dealers VERY soon!
Patrick
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I reviewed this on my blog today as another piece I haven't seen a lot of talk about.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I got B' Voque today and watched the explanation. I knew what I was getting I just wanted the subtlies plus I was buying the Mark Elsdon Lecture so I added this to the cart as well. I like it. I just added Velcro to the envelope so it stays closed and has that tear sound that I like to add just a little more theatrics. Over all I like the effect. I love Brain wave effects so this is right up my alley.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Not a big fan of this. It's not really an equivoque. If you see the performance then you'll be thinking: "I don't see the effect".

Even Mark refers to this as being a Download. Download would have been good, but this is not.

Not recommended. (PS: I love Mark)
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Not a big fan of this. It's not really an equivoque. If you see the performance then you'll be thinking: "I don't see the effect".

Even Mark refers to this as being a Download. Download would have been good, but this is not.

Not recommended. (PS: I love Mark)

Sorry to totally disagree but this has been my goto effect for the last few weeks and the audience reaction has been top draw. Surely that's all that matters.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » B'Voque by Mark Elsdon (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL