The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magical way to distribute tokens for prizes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tsolo
View Profile
New user
NYC
61 Posts

Profile of tsolo
During my kid show, I distribute paper tokens that all the children trade for prizes at the end (thereby buying me a minute to pack up without prying hands!).

I'm trying to come up with a fun, magical way to make the tokens appear. Til now, I've used the Don Alan Egg Can, in which a can of "raw egg" is turned upside down on a kid's head, and the contents magically transform, but this is a little harsh for some groups.

Would love any ideas from out there - maybe a treasure hunt? a guessing game? Something beyond the usual change bag. Looking for something that involves 1-3 kids.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You might want to check out the "Merry Christmas Carousel" in The Wizards' Journal #15. It doesn't have to be themed for Christmas - it's a carousel where the kids win "brass rings" that are printed on blank faced playing cards. It's like a Wheel of Fortune where the kids just can't lose no matter what.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Misers Dream where the coins transform into tokens.
tsolo
View Profile
New user
NYC
61 Posts

Profile of tsolo
Jim: that sounds great. I'll check out the routine.

Jay: Thought about that type of Miser production, but I already do it with coins in another context. Maybe I need to give it further thought...

Thinking about a "magic mail carrier" bit where a kid wears a cap and bag and magically "delivers" an envelope full of tickets to a "mailbox" (drawer box). But still hoping to pick brains for ideas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magical way to distribute tokens for prizes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL