The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » If you were interested in covert hypnosis, would you take this survey? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Have you considered using covert hypnosis to create the illusion of mind-reading? Why not find out if it's for real by taking part in a survey offered by our Institute? Our Institute offers training on using the subsconscious power of the meditative state to unlock the mystery of the mind and create the appearance of psychic phenomena. To demonstrate, a hypnotist from our Institute will ask you to just think of any random number between 1 and 1,000. He will then divine the number, as he guides your mind through a relaxing, visual exercise. If he fails to communicate your number (that exists solely in your mind) on his first try, then he will provide you with a payment of $5,000 as compensation for your participation in the survey. If he succeeds on his first try, then you agree to purchase the secret that will allow you to achieve the same feat using the power of the mind (100% guaranteed, or your money back), and recoup the $5,000 investment many times over by your application of the secret method on other aspiring covert hypnotists. This is a survey and a small-business opportunity too good to pass up for aspiring covert hypnotists, as you will either 1) receive $5,000 (if the hypnotist gets your number wrong), or 2) make much more than your $5,000 investment (if the hypnotist gets your number right on the first try) by being able to replicate the mind-reading effect 100% of the time after learning the secret, and conducting this same survey on other individuals.

Regards,
Mike
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
No interest, Mike. I am an entertainer, not a scam artist.

Just to be clear, I am not calling you a scam artist. Just that this idea stinks of that approach.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9638 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
For one I agree wholeheartedly with Tony (did I just say that?). I fail to understand why there is so much about fake hypnosis, pseudo hypnosis, fake mindreading, etc. The beauty of actual performance hypnosis is that it's the real thing! No need to pretend. It trumps everything else and gets amazing responses from the audience - believers and skeptics alike. So why on earth would you want to play these wanna-be games when it's so much stronger to do the real thing?

Almost on a weekly basis when it comes up around here, I fail to understand this. Either commit to learning hypnosis properly or go back to magic (not you specifically insight, but in general to all of everyone who seems to chime in with these ideas). Don't try to scam or mislead the audience with "the illusion" of something, do it for real or move on. To me it's an insult to the hypnosis community that one would even consider this.

All this silliness about covert, plants, hypno-tricks, what are we, twelve?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2014-01-28 18:46, Mindpro wrote:
For one I agree wholeheartedly with Tony (did I just say that?).

Don't worry about it. Take an asprin, or a whiskey, and in the morning we will be back to normal!
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
What number were you thinking of Mike? and did you pay $5000 to find out how?

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1406 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On 2014-01-28 18:27, TonyB2009 wrote:
No interest, Mike. I am an entertainer, not a scam artist.

Just to be clear, I am not calling you a scam artist. Just that this idea stinks of that approach.

I concur Tony.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
208 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Ye gods.... it's time to retire!
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
A cousin of mine and her husband once paid a fertility clinic $5K to guarantee the sex of their second child. The clinic offered a money back guarantee if it didn't work. At the time I said the clinic was just playing the percentages to bilk money from those who didn't understand how biology really worked. At least they got their money back.
How about if I wrote my number down on a piece of paper first and then sealed it into a "perfectly normal" envelope first?
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1456 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
What a crock of ****. This reeks of total scam. Tell me, how many people have actually been sent checks in the mail?

I'll teach you how to do this trick for 4.5k, all ya gotta do is PM me. Not even required to take a survey, just think of a number between 1 and 3, and if I get it wrong by the third time I'll mail you a check. You've nothing to lose.

Seriously, the magic Café is no place to pimp your pyramid schemes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » If you were interested in covert hypnosis, would you take this survey? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL