The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Collective - A New Online Journal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emilioreed
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of emilioreed
Hello all!

My name is Emilio Reed, and I've been working with a few others on a new project--a journal, Collective, which will serve as a platform for theoretical discussions in magic and mentalism. I plan on Collective beginning its life as a free resource, published twice each month. Each edition will contain the writings of a group of masterful artists and will be loosely developed around a general topic, free to the writer's individual interpretation.

In each subsequent edition, I would also like to include some thoughts from you, the reader, on the subject of the previous editions—something like an editorial. This is not an opportunity to criticize the writing of others, but to engage further and more deeply in the theoretical discussions. The website will inform you of how to do all of this. Feel free to PM me feedback, ideas, questions, etc.

In our first issue, you'll find writing from masters Michael Vincent, Cameron Francis, as well as an artist who wished to remain anonymous. Also, you'll get a preview of the next issue featuring Colin Mcleod.

Thank you for embarking with me and the entire magic and mentalism community on what I think is going to be a wonderful journey. Collective is a work and progress, and I look forward to your thoughts and contributions. Enjoy.

http://www.collectivemagicandmind.com
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
Just grabbed the first issue
looks very interesting
Thank You!
There is much wonder in the Great White North
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
DOWNLOADING IT NOW, WILL SHARE MY THOUGHTS WHEN I HAVE HAD A READ.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
915 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Looks great. A newsletter would be a good idea in my opinion to help keep up with the releases.
emilioreed
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of emilioreed
Thanks for checking it out guys, and ash2arani, I think that's an excellent idea. I'll try to launch a newsletter along with the next issue. We've got some great writers for next week Smile
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Indeed a newsletter of sorts would be ideal to avoid checking in on a regular basis to see if a new issue is out. I hope to have a read through on the first issue this weekend.
emilioreed
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of emilioreed
Hey all!

It's been tough getting submissions this month, so I've decided to release a partial issue to keep the ball rolling. You can find it on www.collectivemagicandmind.com. It includes a submission from Colin Mcleod and a magician who asked that I keep him anonymous.

I've also been re-thinking the whole approach to Collective. The name itself implies community, and as this is a community with each person having a valid opinion when it comes to theoretics, I'd love to include more submissions from amateurs, hobbyists, and part timers. I've gotten some great feedback, but keep it coming! Every opinion and comment you send me, as well as every submission helps Collective grow into the beautiful organism I know it can be.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you! Best,
Emilio
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
Pmed you Emilio.

I really like this, and I think that you're on to something by opening it up to a wider range or writers. Maybe if you included the works of other types of artists and then drew comparisons between those opinions and the opinions of magicians/mentalists.
emilioreed
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of emilioreed
Funny you say that neemdog! I'm interviewing a big NYC photographer for the next part of issue #2 Smile Also, got your pm and responded.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Super excited to be apart of this..such a great idea!
JM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Collective - A New Online Journal (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL