The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..15..18..21..24..27..29~30~31 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10696 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Michael it's to much Vino...
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi Shin

I would be interested in a skype call later, if so pm me, I am very very interested in thi, I have already pre-ordered
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 00:24, saysold1 wrote:
I may need to eat some crow too - gulp Smile

Lovin that Humour, Seriously .....Nice one Say sold
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
But it doesn't matter, does it? There's a live take, which also shows the switch. The issue isn't over a perfectly executed MF, the product is the switch of an MF'd card. Crikey, he's doing a rather good job of calmly answering people on this thread.

The only thing that worries me is that the instructional DVD will have a high "pretty much" quotient. If Shin could reassure me that this is not the case, I would be tempted to buy it after release. Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1542 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Now I'm interested to see this come out. When certain people speak, the wise man listens.

Quote:
On 2014-02-03 22:23, Tom Cutts wrote:
Does anyone know a Costco near them which specializes in crow? A lot is going to be served.

I reserved any contribution to this thread until I knew what the workings were. Does it look like trick photography and camera tricks? It should! That's what it looks like in real life. I don't exactly blaim the skepticism, but some have taken it beyond that and others have clung to it for their smugness. Now that I have witnessed it in person... Ok, I'll bide my tongue rather than add salt to the wounds.

This isn't just as good as you see it. It's better than that. Better because in performances where you don't need to impress overly cautious magicians, this device can do things so deceptive that no lay audience could keep up. No audience in real time, no audience who sees it on TV (evidence how badly you all were fooled) and no audience who could capture it on their phone cameras.

Imagine that. A switch so dynamite that you can offer to have your audience film it, and they will see exactly what just fooled the pants off you magicians.

This is a game changer. Plain and simple, this is a game changer.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Padraig Moyles
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Padraig Moyles
So the question for those in the know is whether this trick will play in the real world like it does in the official trailer I.e.an invisible switch at finger tips.

Only slightly less impressive are the rough videos which show a full palm cover for the switch , and that version has the benefit of at least fitting in with the laws of physics.

The difficulty as I see it with the first video is that it's not likely to be achievable every time in performance conditions..again thoughts on this would be welcome.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
"So the question for those in the know is whether this trick will play in the real world like it does in the official trailer I.e.an invisible switch at finger tips."

yes, it is and it does....
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I want to buy this purly because of the invisible switch at the finger tips THAT IS SEEN IN THE DEMO.Just imagine what else could be done, will we be given the infomation if we need to buy an extra something to acheive this INPOSSIBLE illusion?,well that's what it looks like and a few gimmicks have been mentioned on what it might be that looks so unbelievable.I await with baited breath on this one and hope it is as good as it looks.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
As I said, Rasmus likes to practice stuff before shoving it out onto YouTube. I'm like that too. How about you?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Lets get back to the THE SWITCH by Shin Lim. Go and fight somewhere else.This is not fair to Shin Lim making this post about you guys.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Best thing would be for an official review from somebody that bought it instead of all the speculation.
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
327 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
After talking with Shin about The Switch, this is my take on his effect :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2eL0ZQdFI

I want to mentioned that the sleight I use is different from the one Shin explain on the DVD and the gimmick is 95% the same !
But the video is here to show you that it's COMPLETLY possible to use this effect in real condition (only one take to make the video...) without misdirection, duplicate card, etc... and it's very beautiful for your audience and to perform !!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 15:59, JordanVictoria wrote:
After talking with Shin about The Switch, this is my take on his effect :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2eL0ZQdFI

I want to mentioned that the sleight I use is different from the one Shin explain on the DVD and the gimmick is 95% the same !
But the video is here to show you that it's COMPLETLY possible to use this effect in real condition (only one take to make the video...) without misdirection, duplicate card, etc... and it's very beautiful for your audience and to perform !!

Very well done jordan I think this shows in a very fair manner, that this effect really works. you chose the easy way, and that's good. now people with less skills then shim see exactly, that they can also do this effect without any problem

thumbs up Jordan

btw: finnaly a convincer for our friend winnee
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1263 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 15:46, thehawk wrote:
Best thing would be for an official review from somebody that bought it instead of all the speculation.

:applause:
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1247 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
10 pages of speculation, WOW

I would like to know how this looks in REAL performance...
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
776 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
But when will speculation come to it's end. ?

I will have to purchase this when released. I won't pre-order.

Graham.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
One more question, after switch, can the card be exam?
shin_lim
View Profile
Creative Spotlight Guest
46 Posts

Profile of shin_lim
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 22:25, max88 wrote:
One more question, after switch, can the card be exam?

Only after you steal the gimmick
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
776 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Here's a guy called Arnau Camps performing the switch.

Hope it answers a few of your asked questions .

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicacamps

Graham.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 23:07, gtx magic wrote:
Here's a guy called Arnau Camps performing the switch.
Hope it answers a few of your asked questions .
http://www.youtube.com/user/magicacamps
Graham.

Thanks. It is very clean. And it has HD version video which help some movie expert to investigate did he use duplicate card . lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..15..18..21..24..27..29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL