The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..29~30~31 [Next]
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2014-02-08 22:27, magicblademan wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 16:49, Sashac wrote:
Guys if anyone has a problem doing a 100000 % perfect mercury card fold, I have a method that will help you. PM me if you would like. Don't get excited, I am NOT going to be teaching you a different finger placement, I am going to teach you a method for preparing the card, so it is 100000 %
Just like to say I tryed this method that sashac kindly shared,and I must say that it makes it a whole lot easier to get it looking perfect.Thanks for the info ,much appreciated.

Shaun

Ditto.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2014-02-08 15:17, itsmagic wrote:
This looks REALLY good. The method is pretty clear how it's accomplished on the video demos. (Arnau's is fake, Jordan's is not, Shin's live performance is real.)

Shin's live performance may be real, but his trailer is not.

Once again, he tries to fool his fellow magicians to sell more tricks. What a shame.

And shame on you once again, Shin Lim. You apparently haven't learned anything since the last time you faked a demo.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
304 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Movie man, seems you have a personal grudge against him. Even if the MCF was faked, the switch itself in the video isn't faked, that is how it actually looks in real life, and that is the selling point of the DVD, the actual switch! and multiple sources have already said it looks the same as in the video so I don't see how he is being deceptive to gain more sales.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 02:48, Fatgumbo wrote:
Movie man, seems you have a personal grudge against him. Even if the MCF was faked, the switch itself in the video isn't faked, that is how it actually looks in real life, and that is the selling point of the DVD, the actual switch! and multiple sources have already said it looks the same as in the video so I don't see how he is being deceptive to gain more sales.

No, I have no personal grudge at all.

I just know he has faked his demos before, and I can see that he's faked this latest one.

I consider him to be dishonest in selling his products. If the switch looks that good, then he should demonstrate it without faking things. But he hasn't--it's clearly faked. That is dishonest and disrespectful toward his fellow magicians.

Edit: I've asked him multiple times here, but Shin Lim hasn't responded--can we please see a high definition version of the trailer? That will help us know if it is real.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
If you judge already it is not real, why ask to see HD is it real?
And besides you, does anyone else want to prove it? In stead of say US you shall use I.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 02:58, MovieMan wrote:

I just know he has faked his demos before, and I can see that he's faked this latest one.

I consider him to be dishonest in selling his products. If the switch looks that good, then he should demonstrate it without faking things. But he hasn't--it's clearly faked. That is dishonest and disrespectful toward his fellow magicians.

Edit: I've asked him multiple times here, but Shin Lim hasn't responded--can we please see a high definition version of the trailer? That will help us know if it is real.

If you need a high-definition version of the trailer, and a frame by frame analysis to distinguish if the trailer is real or not, then it doesn't matter either way. As long as the trailer accurately represents the actions required to do the effect, then it's fine (whether the person is actually performing those actions or not).
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 02:12, MovieMan wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-08 15:17, itsmagic wrote:
This looks REALLY good. The method is pretty clear how it's accomplished on the video demos. (Arnau's is fake, Jordan's is not, Shin's live performance is real.)

Shin's live performance may be real, but his trailer is not.

Once again, he tries to fool his fellow magicians to sell more tricks. What a shame.

And shame on you once again, Shin Lim. You apparently haven't learned anything since the last time you faked a demo.

I gree with you 100%, first video is fake, no doubt about it.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of VIEW
His switch trailer is most definitely fake.
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
I don't know about you, MovieMan, but as long as the switch does what it says, I don't care since I'm not going to use the demo routine.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
I have seen "The Switch" I can tell you that it looks and works exactly like the video shows.
All this speculation is Bazaar!Oh, I forgot to mention the gimmick will last a very long time and you can make another at no extra cost. it is fantastic!!!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 02:58, MovieMan wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 02:48, Fatgumbo wrote:

Have you considered that by showing a HD trailer with no cuts etc he might tip the method? Probably what you want so as not to purchase it. I'm really getting bored of your type on here. Now bore off.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I didn't want to get involved in this, but I can also testify that this looks identical to all trailers. I still stand with my original thought that nothing is faked. Even more so now.

I'm really disturbed by how many people are saying "this is DEFINITELY fake" or "100% fake"...

You shouldn't be saying that unless you DEFINITELY know it's fake with sufficient proof. All of the "proof" I've seen so far has been ridiculous. The photos of the signatures look EXACTLY the same to me. I have no clue what everyone sees that I don't. All of you just WANT this to be fake. You're all trying so hard to provide "proof" to yourselves. But that proof is non existent.
afuoco
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
195 Posts

Profile of afuoco
Now gents calm down.

The real drama in this thread is trying to determine whether Shin will finally come across or will we be be duped again. Although I did like his effect called "Think."

The effect itself is secondary to this judgement on Shin.From the posts I suspect that about 60% will think the effect is great and the remainder will feel duped.

Only time will tell. Anyone know when "Switch" becomes available?
Arnie
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 14:07, afuoco wrote:
Now gents calm down.

The real drama in this thread is trying to determine whether Shin will finally come across or will we be be duped again. Although I did like his effect called "Think."

The effect itself is secondary to this judgement on Shin.From the posts I suspect that about 60% will think the effect is great and the remainder will feel duped.

Only time will tell. Anyone know when "Switch" becomes available?

If you were referring to my comment, I'm completely calm. Just stating an observation. I'm not emotionally invested in any of this.

And if I'm not mistaken, it comes out next weekend
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
If you are calm, then why the CAPS?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 14:16, tomsk192 wrote:
If you are calm, then why the CAPS?

That's to emphasis words. Not for yelling. Consider it a lazy mans bold word.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Fair enough.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
Afuoco Wrote:
____________________________________________________________________________________
The real drama in this thread is trying to determine whether Shin will finally come across or will we be be duped again.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Curious… Shin has released the following products in the past two years.
Which do you feel you were “duped” on? In other words; which of these did NOT do what the trailer claimed it would. In my opinion, they all do what they claim.

Shinag
Shinanigens
Think
The Vanishing
52 Shades of Red
SSS
RamonT
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of RamonT
I guess we'll find out by the end of this week.
afuoco
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
195 Posts

Profile of afuoco
Paw

You would feel that they all do what they claim because you like Shin. Nothing wrong with that. However:

I own three of these:

(1) "Think"--I like it
(2) "SSS"-Totally worthless and misrepresented on the ad video because it has so many restrictions--duped.
(3) "52 Shades of Red"--the ad on Penguin and Hocus Pocus says nothing about DIY. In fact if you read it, one comes away with the thought that everything is supplied.I know a lot of owners went thru the DIY work. Not me--duped.

Can't wait for "Switch" to be released to see what the verdict is.

Arnie
Arnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL