The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..29~30~31 [Next]
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Hot or not?
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
Why the fuss about having to make a gimmick ? As an example, Extreme Burn is a huge hit and there is quite a bit of fiddling to make that gimmick - worth it though.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Swann101
I feel the price is very reasonable as you are also paying for the idea, and it is a great idea!

If anyone feels the price is too high, just don't buy it!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 06:47, Swann101 wrote:
I feel the price is very reasonable as you are also paying for the idea, and it is a great idea!

If anyone feels the price is too high, just don't buy it!

:applause:
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Or come up with your own.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Quote:
On 2014-02-12 21:12, James Adamson wrote:
Jeff, how much extra cost to make?

Not a lot. As I mentioned in my original review, as long as you have scissors, tape, rubber cement, and magicians wax, that's all the extra you need which isn't provided. Most people will already have that laying around.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 00:22, p-n_junction wrote:
1) How difficult the "get ready" moment is? For instance if I'm going to perform this standing.

It's completely unnoticeable. You can load and unload the gimmick whenever you're ready to execute the switch.

Quote:
2) How fast the reset is?

I would have to say instant.

Quote:
3) Is it possible to switch the other objects like pieces of paper, business cards mb even coins?

No. Well, definitely not coins. Business cards, I don't think that is feasible, and it's certainly not covered. You may be able to apply the concenpt to a business card, but due to thickness issues, I am not sure how well that would play.

Quote:
4) How fast the clean up is?

Instant. Once you open to display the mystery card and hand it to the spectator for examination, you're clean.

Quote:
5) Can you perform this sleeveless?

Yes.

Again, I hope that helps! We still have some of these in stock at MJM Magic. If you're interested in picking this up and you've appreciated my honest reviews, I'd be grateful for your business. Smile
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
Jeremini
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Jeremini
Sry to ask a stupid question, but I have to ask...

Is the demo video an ACURATE showing of the trick? I mean, if you do the trick, does it look EXACTLY like the video?

I know sometimes people say tha tthe demo video is what the people remember, but when I look at the video, I see no contact between the hands. Is there no contact betewen the hands in the REAL method??
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 11:01, Jeremini wrote:
Sry to ask a stupid question, but I have to ask...

Is the demo video an ACURATE showing of the trick? I mean, if you do the trick, does it look EXACTLY like the video?

I know sometimes people say tha tthe demo video is what the people remember, but when I look at the video, I see no contact between the hands. Is there no contact betewen the hands in the REAL method??

Yes, it's that visual and looks like the demo video. This is a one-handed switch, so you aren't passing from one hand to the other (via retension vanish). You literally reach down with one hand, pick up the mystery card, and openly display that it's the spectator's card.

For example, if you click this link and watch the clip, fast forward to 2:00 into it and you will see just the switch happening with two different cards, to show you how visually quick it is.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We have finished packing all orders and they are on the way.

The Switch does live up to the expectations and even has some extra ideas other than the presentation as in the demo.

Jeremini the card is transferred in the demo but you are right the hands don't come together as such.

This is something I am going to do and I'm sure this will be a hit.

We have a few left from the first batch so if you want one sending out tomorrow don't wait too long.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/t......im-.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
I just got mine from MJM Magic and I have to say that they (and the product) lived up to my expectations. After reading the reviews here, I already expected to do some construction to make the gimmick. However, it wasn't as bad or tedious as I imagined. I agree with Jeff_Mash that Shin does repeat himself a lot (or at least it feels like he does), but I suppose he is just trying to be as thorough as possible.

For the price, I can't really complain. I do think that Shin probably should have priced this around $20.00 to $25.00 (instead of $30.00), but with free shipping and reward points, it was a steal. Thanks Jeff and you guys at MJM for shipping it to me so fast.
- EddieM
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
Could you use this with the Extractor to vanish and retrieve the signed card, then do the fold and then the switch? This sounds like a great combination I'm always looking for ways to use that great utility.
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
I'm thinking about doing The Switch in conjunction with Pocket Bizarre by Peter Eggink.

For example, you can start off by taking the mystery card from The Switch, put it on the table, and tell the spectator to put their hand over it...."we will get to that Mystery Card later."

You can then go into a performance of Pocket Bizarre, where a randomly chosen and signed card visually shows up in your back pocket. Finally, end it with the switch, where you take that card from your pocket, vanish it, and then show that their signed card has been underneath their hand the entire time.
- EddieM
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
Is the control that he used in the demo taught?
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Please be sure to review the product in the Tricks & Effects section of the forum, also. Look forward to the reviews.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 12:13, drphil wrote:
Is the control that he used in the demo taught?

No moves are taught on the DVD just the method, construction and routines.

I'm glad the first positive review is in, I'm no psychic but I know more will follow!
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
BTW - for all who have purchased it. Wax is included with the other gimmicks. the wax is used for one of the versions. simply look into the bottom of the envelope and you will see a small ball. Smile
scalito
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of scalito
Can this be used with billets and/or dollar bills?

Thx...Scalito
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
Can this be used with billets and/or dollar bills?

Thx...Scalito

most definitely!!!!!
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Too bad the moves are not taught as I have said before if it's in the demo it should be shown and explained on the DVD.

Shin did say he was not sure if the move demoed was an original move by him and might not release it as he did not want to get bitten again.

Time to work on my MF.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL