The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10..14..18..22..26..29~30~31 [Next]
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of sadhu
After Melt, I wil never buy anything from him again!
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys -
none of the controls were faked, etc. Shin was not using the convincing control. it is another control. also, Shin is actually switching the card from hand to hand. he just does it so fast and clean that it looks impossible. he performs it during the teaching segment.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
Melt is not Shin's product.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Sean -
just PM'd you. give me a call and Ill talk to you about it
p
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
So clean - thinking a pull of some sort to ditch.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
Shin can make anything look like magic. The question I have is with this gimmick and instructions can I do the same. I doubt it but will wait for some more reviews. Hope springs eternal, The potential is fantastic if what I've seen is possible.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2014-01-31 22:31, paw wrote:
Melt is not Shin's product.

Well he had some hand in it didn't he? Besides appearing in the DVD.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Alright I just watched the demo - basically it is Bruno Hennig/Kennedy/Clarity Box without the box (supposedly).

Obviously a switch is made, and obviously the "mystery" card gets switched.

Based on the video to me it seems something is missing.

There is clean - and then there is Shen Lim's version of clean.

You guys know Shin and I are are very tight and so I wish him all the best on this amazing new release - of which I will not even consider buying until the raves come pouring in from real users and not his fan club.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
It for sure the card he show in the end is the card signed at beginning. Otherwise no meaning to make this product.

From the demo it is very good product. Just hope the handling will not be difficult to master.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
One question, does it only switch playing card or can switch billet like business card?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3822 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Of course it works with business cards as well. The switch is very very clean indeed. If you see the unedited video you can guess well the modus operandi. I see the ditch at the end and several changes from hand to hand and at least once a suspicious change of pace. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Am I the only one who noticed that the MF from the bottom should turn out to be faceup? And he never reverses the card?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 08:22, Sashac wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed that the MF from the bottom should turn out to be faceup? And he never reverses the card?

Mind blown!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1730 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Nice idea !

I think, like Sean Gille, that I have an idea about the gimmick. In fact, I actually made it and it works pretty well Smile Don't know if it's Shin's one but "mine" looks the same as in the video. I just have to routine it a little bit. If it's actually this method tat is used, it's quite cool, mine is noisy, but definately looks the same in real life.

I'm not sure about the first "performance" in the trailer, since there is a lot of cut and Shin does not seem to have the same gesture than in the live performance. Maybe the first one is "what the spectator will remember" because I really can't see the swicth as well as in the others performances.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4151 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Do like the look of this and truly does look impossible ,need some good positive reviews first brfore I commit to it.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm no card king but I'm assuming that this either needs an i***x or a F. If it needs the former than being seated may be helpful and limit the usefulness.

All Shin's stuff looks spectacular on videos.
shin_lim
View Profile
Creative Spotlight Guest
46 Posts

Profile of shin_lim
@Magic.Maddy and Zhang
The MF at the end is face down because I do a reverse as I do the spread. This is a sleight I do everytime for card to mouth, and it's a devious one ive been doing for a while. Whether or not I originated it, I dunno; so I wont say that I did. Also, the control I'm using isn't the convincing control. Its my variation on the DB Spread Control, which is, in my opinion, the cleanest way to control any card to the bottom.

Hope that solves your question Smile

Shin
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Wow I'm glad you guys are taking such an interest in my shops stocking policy!

You are right, we only stock what we believe to be good items, this does not mean every item will suit everyone or everyone will like all the items we stock.

In this case I contacted Murphy's, they gave me an insight into the product and that was enough for me to decide to stock it along with the second video demo.

If you look on Murphy's website you will see other items listed as pre-order that I don't list on our website, we do not list every new item that comes out, we could do but we don't.

For example, I put some Thought Transmitters on pre-order and then cancelled them when I found out they were nothing like the original, I could have
listed them like a lot of other dealers just to make a sale but I have not.

At Saturn Magic we are working hard to differentiate our business through responsible and ethical trading
eg. Manoj Bottle was removed from sale for a while and Melt was given a very bad review by me - I was the first to say it was rubbish - but it is going to be hard to please all the people
all the time - but at least we are trying, rather than listing every new item, good or bad, just to make a sale.
We're building a business for the long-term and we know that reputation is everything. Hence, we're really choosy about what we stock.

I honestly believe that this will be a good product, but one that is maybe not for everyone based on things I have read on here.

We are not forcing anyone to pre-order, everyone is welcome to wait for reviews. There are those that wish to pre-order items and gamble they will like it, you should be glad they do
otherwise you would have to wait a long time before user reviews come in Smile So the answer is we can't offer refunds if you don't like this trick or any other we sell.

Also on the subject of adding value mentioned above it should also be noted when an item is released and it could have been thought out better, we quickly come up with extra ideas these ideas are made available for our customers.
I am not aware of any other magic shop that does this on a regular basis - this is another example of how we at Saturn Magic try and go the extra mile for our customers rather than taking their money and leaving them to it!
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
Thanks for that clarification saturn

you truly seem to be an upstanding vendor
I only wish I lived in the UK lol
as my local vendors can sometimes fall short

Shawn
There is much wonder in the Great White North
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 14:01, MagicKatie wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 12:31, JackMagic wrote:
This also asks the question how can you stock something that you have not even seen , when as already stated he won't stock anything unless it's good

I kinda question the "won't stock anything unless it is good" thing...

he has RED on his site.

an £8.99 hummer card.

little man.

flash pen.

ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case

;)

Sorry I just saw this and I'm puzzled.

Flash pen is very good whats wrong with it?

Little man is very clever, we don't stock it though but have it available to special order.

Red was listed and withdrawn as soon as we knew of the problem and the item page says so.

Hummer card is a classic whats wrong with that also?

I didn't know I was on trial, I suppose I'm guilty of trying to do the right thing!
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10..14..18..22..26..29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL