The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30~31 [Next]
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Just keep thing in perspective. Pants, shirts and dresses were invented long ago and it's not often something new of that caliber will come along. But there are constant variations that come along and many find a place even if they are somewhat specialized. If you're not interested in being on the cutting edge of fashion you can stick with good solid work clothes and a tux and you'll be fine. But some want to try new things and that's not bad either.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Good point, but nice clothes are actually important for the professional so this is always money well spent
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
I am very impressed with this. Yes it will take some work but it makes possible some very interesting routines.

The trailer is not misleading and the ad copy is accurate. I was not dissappointed with my purchase. (Shin Lim needed a script for the creating of this instructional for sure but the information is there.)
Masta Ace
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Masta Ace
The trailer was so impressive for this effect, the reviews don't seem so good though...that is unfortunate, I had my hopes up...this effect looked so strong.
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Quote:
On , Masta Ace wrote:
The trailer was so impressive for this effect, the reviews don't seem so good though...that is unfortunate, I had my hopes up...this effect looked so strong.

Many of did as well and so we are once more reminded to look before we leap.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I said this is a previous post that this effect would be out in the chinese sites within 2 weeks. I am not providing any links but it has already happened. They sell the DVD only as a video download
for 3.99. How do they get away doing this? I also noticed all the penguin lectures are 2.99 and less. Is there no way to stop this?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Any more reviews?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Would anymore reviews make a difference Saysold? If I put one up saying how good I thought it was and how I'm more than happy with my purchase, would that make you want to buy it?

Looks to me like you made your mind up earlier in the thread.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On , CarlMcCoy wrote:
Would anymore reviews make a difference Saysold? If I put one up saying how good I thought it was and how I'm more than happy with my purchase, would that make you want to buy it?

Looks to me like you made your mind up earlier in the thread.

I won't buy it - I'm basically a Mentalist and based on what I have read so far this would not fit my limited sleight of hand skills nor style. I can't do a clean MF to save my life.

However, asking for more reviews is usually helpful to others, whether positive or negative or mediocre.

Is it better to ask for less reviews? The reviews so far seem decidedly mixes, not positive or negative.

Maybe you could provide a helpful review Carl? Have you ever written one?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Saysold, it's awful. Either you love it or you hate it. Let's just say that the gimmick on the table is acceptable, but you have to load a gimmick onto the billet/card, it has to be aligned perfectly, you have to fold the card PERFECTLY (IMPOSSIBLE with billets), the method is not "strong" enough.. AH, I feel scammed. Some people will love it though. It's the first method that would come to mind, but because it's shin lim, you did not think it would be that obious
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Hi Brett. Yes I have written some reviews many moons ago, when I felt the need to. Whether they were helpful or not is impossible to say of course.

As for this effect, there's enough information for people I would have thought, but asking for less reviews would be a stupid thing to do, wouldn't it? Not really sure why you typed that.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Quote:
On , Superjon wrote:
No you cant stop it so just shut up about it.

It is not rocket science for someone to use google and find these sites. If you seek you will find. My point was they would be providing the videos within 2 weeks of the release.
Then within 2 weeks it has happened. It is what it is with the Chinese sites.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
Boy there is some nasty new members here letting their Ego show their nails.

Chill out guys there is nothing to prove in here. We are all friends.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I was at Blackpool this weekend on the Saturn Magic booth and was showing The Switch to people.

The vast majority were very surprised how good it looked and it ended up being our 2nd best seller after my Haunted 2.0.

The showing the hands empty before you pick the card off the table is the big thing this adds to the game, you look so clean which you are at that point with nothing in your hands.

If you have use for this kind of switch its worth checking out.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/t......im-.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Carl,

I am of the belief that adequate reviews, no matter if it is the first one or the hundredth one, add value to both the producers and consumers, along with the magic community.

As well, you indicate you have "written reviews many moons ago, when I felt the need to." That sounds like a false statement. You joined the Magic Café on February 4th, 2014---this month. A review of your very limited messages indicates you have not a single review to your credit. A justification of your statement (which appears to be false and misleading) is necessary.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2014, CarlMcCoy wrote:
Hi Brett. Yes I have written some reviews many moons ago, when I felt the need to. Whether they were helpful or not is impossible to say of course.

As for this effect, there's enough information for people I would have thought, but asking for less reviews would be a stupid thing to do, wouldn't it? Not really sure why you typed that.
Dynamic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dynamic
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, insight wrote:
A justification of your statement (which appears to be false and misleading) is necessary.

Regards,
Mike

Says who?
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Integrity in communication is of critical significance, especially when it is the basis for the exchange of ideas, as is the case with the Magic Café. So, to answer your question, the justification is necessary from the perspective of anybody who values integrity in communication.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, Dynamic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, insight wrote:
A justification of your statement (which appears to be false and misleading) is necessary.

Regards,
Mike

Says who?
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
I'm bored of people coming on here slagging off other members who give BAD reviews for products. More ***ing, cutting edge verdicts are needed in a world of false hype, fake trailers, (like the one from Shin here (you may be able to get it close but the trailer is fake to look too perfect)and money makers.

Too many people on here are too nice... half of which have motives.

I'm glad I never bought this. It might be 'nice' for some people, but no way does this match the hype at usual. Yawn. Just another average Shin Lim idea. Nothing wrong with average, but don't try and con people into thinking it's something it's not. Why Shin Lim faked the trailer I'll never know, I am sure he could have got it almost exact.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Just one word from me for this product... "Dissapointed"....
Sorry...
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Magicmarkworldwide Wrote:

The trailer was not faked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE SWITCH by Shin Lim (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL