The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Okito Box Routine - Ken Brooke (DVD) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Wild-Colombini just released Ken Brooke's Okito Box Routine on DVD.

After acquiring it and watching it, I must say it's one of my favorites now. So simple & to the point, makes it such a nice opening piece for walk-around & table hopping.

4 Phase Routine:
- Coin placed in Okito on of top card deck in card box and goes thru with a tap
- Again, coin placed in Okito on top of card deck in card box and goes thru with a tap
- Coin placed in hand and appears in Okito
- Coin placed in Okito on fist and goes thru with a tap

All examinable every step of the way. I've got a few extra touches I'm adding such as pulling the deck out of the card box then producing the Okito in the card box.

Check it out here (from my local brick & mortar): http://themagicemporium.net/products/52886
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
* Looks like I got the last DVD, but the Download is available!
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22723 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have Ken Brooke "One Twenty" Coin Box routine, and there is a lot more to the routine then what you described, and additional boxes are needed. This sounds more like the routine from the book - Ken Brooke "The Unique Years", this is a simple 4 phase routine. His "Master Move" is not the easiest to perform. Steven's Magic has the sole distribution rights for the U.S., wonder how this happened.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Bill,

This is just one Okito box instead of the three(?) with One Twenty. It's just simple routine that's a nice quickie. Not familiar with "The Unique Years", but according to Aldo, this is what Ken Brooke taught him.

Matt

MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Bill:

Over in this post, http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/reply......"e=1 ,Quentin adds:

Quote:
On 2014-01-31 13:50, Quentin wrote:
Ken's full routine is also published in the book, Ken Brooke, The Unique Years, published by Supreme Magic in the early 80's and now difficult to find.

If you ask Paul Daniels about the top three close-up routines he has seen, Ken's routine will be listed. Ken would flip the coin in the air and it would land in the box on his other hand, then flip the lid and have it land on the box, with the box now upside-down.

Matt, you have a worker.

Matt

Mr. Marko
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Mr. Marko
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
The Magic Emporium has the download here: http://themagicemporium.net/products/52906 , too.

I originally got the DVD from them in person, but I heard somewhere that the DVDs are gone & everyone has the Download.

Irregardless, it's a great routine nonetheless, no matter what media you watch it on.

mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
I believe this routine is also in The Art of Close-Up Magic Volume 1.
It's a great routine!
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can
- Tommy Wonder
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
894 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I assume this is the routine refered to in this strand of posts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VowSDrH_7......a_player
Eric Fry
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of Eric Fry
Just noticed this thread. The routine on the You Tube video is identical to a lot of the first routine in Leo Horowitz's (Mohammed Bey) book "Okito Coin Box Routines." I don't know who originated the routine.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Quentin
From what I've been told, the routine was a masterpiece in Ken's hands. He would toss the box up in the air, catching it in his other hand, then toss the coin which landed in the box, finally tossing the lid which landed on the box.

Something to practice. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Okito Box Routine - Ken Brooke (DVD) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL