The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I need some input from our British magicians please. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Can someone tell me if the word "brilliant" is used in the UK like we use Amazing or Fabulous? I am releasing a trick in the US and want to make a version for the UK and would like some input. If someone could let me know that would be fabulous!!!
Thanks
Jef
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
While George is Northern Irish and I am Southern Irish and we both live in the United Kingdom - even though Southern Ireland is not part of the UK and a separate political entity - I live in England, I can confirm that the terms, Brilliant, Amazing and Fabulous are used in Great Britain (England Scotland and Wales) and both parts of Ireland, North and South and for all intents and purposes are interchangeable as far as the audience responses to both George's and my shows are concerned.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Brilliant answer Quentin! See you in the Ruskin in a couple of weeks!! Smile JR
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Kids in UK schools get their worked stamped with brilliant, excellent, amazing adjectives etc

fabulous gets used due to a tv program their parents would have watched (or in another from the 60s it was F.A.B.)

they get used the same way as Americans use outstanding
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Thanks for the help guys! That answers my questions. Wait until you see my Briiiiilant creation! LOL.
Regards
Jef
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I need some input from our British magicians please. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL