The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fraidy Cat Dragons ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 21:47, Dynamike wrote:
You are right. So why didn't you use a real rabbit?

Because it's a Fraidy Cat Dragon, silly!

But we might be able to use a real Jay Leslie!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 21:54, Starrpower wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 21:47, Dynamike wrote:
You are right. So why didn't you use a real rabbit?

Because it's a Fraidy Cat Dragon, silly!

Well, why not use a real Fraidy Cat Dragon? (Things that are easy are not worthwhile, and things that are worthwhile are not easy.)
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
The same reason you don't use real dynamite in your show, I should guess. Now, if this absurd hijack is over, can we get back to the subject at hand? I believe it was modifying props for themes other than rabbits.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 23:11, Starrpower wrote:
Now, if this absurd hijack is over, can we get back to the subject at hand?

Nope it ain't over yet. The harder the better.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 14:06, dave wrote:
The red board with the dragon is not the original plastic that came with it. I used a clip board...

Dang, that is exactly what I used to make mine years ago! I used a printer to print my graphics on the self-adhesive paper.

I printed my graphics for the metal panel on a thin, printable magnetic sheet so I could remove it and still use the rabbits. It made the door slightly tight, but it was very usable. I eventually went back to the rabbits but I always wanted to do one right. I have since purchased several more Fraidy Cat Rabbits but I have not tried to modify them yet. It's on my back burner. Maybe someday I will find some time and get started.
Mister Mystery
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 09:14, Regan wrote:

Dang, that is exactly what I used to make mine years ago! I used a printer to print my graphics on the self-adhesive paper.

I printed my graphics for the metal panel on a thin, printable magnetic sheet so I could remove it and still use the rabbits. It made the door slightly tight, but it was very usable. I eventually went back to the rabbits but I always wanted to do one right. I have since purchased several more Fraidy Cat Rabbits but I have not tried to modify them yet. It's on my back burner. Maybe someday I will find some time and get started.

Good job Regan, way to go. But Starrpower gets upset when someone uses a graphic with self-adhesive paper.

Quote:
On 2014-02-02 20:40, Starrpower wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 19:26, Dynamike wrote:
Just find an image on the internet, and print it on adhesive paper.

Re-read my post, Mike-o. I drew my own. Sketched it, drew it, painted it.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2407 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Looks like a lot of creativity going on. Nothing wrong with hand painting or copy and paste of graphics to peel and stick paper. You use what works for you. I did both, paint does give a longer lasting better looking result, But peel and stick gives you the ability to change often and get quick results. I use cardboard as you can peel it off very easy. If you do a birthday party, you can get a picture from the parents and use that. kids will go crazy. using free software nearly every computer has, you can have a birthday hat on the kids head that changes color.
D.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 15:57, Starrpower wrote:
Really professional, Payne! Apparently we all had dragons on the brain! I wonder what other tricks have been adapted to dragon themes.

A few years ago someone made up a Card Dragon

I'd love to find one. but I'd hate to have to pay the asking price
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2407 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
That is freakin awesome, I have to make one now.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
569 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
OMG! Dave is right. The Card Dragon is Awesome.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I never cared for the card duck at all, but that is a beautiful piece of work. I never realized there were so many dragon-minded magicians!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2407 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I was not a fan of the card duck until I saw this magician. I have since seen all his amazing video's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu_xuUEKiwQ
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
569 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I bet a "Forgetful Dragon"would look great.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 18:42, Starrpower wrote:
I never cared for the card duck at all, but that is a beautiful piece of work. I never realized there were so many dragon-minded magicians!

That's because you've never seen my card duck Smile

"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Steam punk card duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez Payne, I like you more every day. I can't tell you how big the grin on my face was when I saw that picture!
Paul Mims
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Paul Mims
The idea of changing the identity of a prop because there are too many of the same theme in a show, is brilliant! The Steampunk Card Duck is a work of art.
MrG
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of MrG
I've been thinking about a new Hip Hop Rabbits - but turning them into dragons wold be hot.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 15:15, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 18:42, Starrpower wrote:

That's because you've never seen my card duck Smile

Very nice, Payne! That looks like something Thomas Clark would design. Your Card Dragon is beautiful too, but your Run Dragon Run is still my favorite! I love it!
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fraidy Cat Dragons ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL