The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lycanthrope Moon by Prof BC (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I receive the coins today and they're gorgious. Congratulations Prof BC.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Awesome Looking!!
Yours,

Ivan
5ublim3
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of 5ublim3
Wow all looks amazing! I am spending too much money lately! Smile
On curves ahead, remember sonny, that rabbit's foot, didn't save the bunny.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Buttons have been pushed. Expectations running high. Another fabulous creation.

Curator, I want that book! Lovely.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, Perkins wrote:

Curator, I want that book! Lovely.

You should see the other ones. Smile

I already have an interesting synopsis for the coins (a shorter version of Oboroten)
Silver has always been used against witches, wizards, lycanthropes and other vampires, because it's the only metal that can't be cursed. Metal of Hecate: the Dark Moon.
This coin (show a silver coin)has been created to check if someone have been cursed or had a werewolf among his ancestors. It represents a bright full moon, dedicated to Selena.
The coin is placed in the spectator's hand and the side in contact with his palm darkens immediately. One face is now black. The coin is reversed in his hand and the other side blackens the same way. The coin can be examined.
It's now a Dark Moon, symbol of Hecate... One of the spectator's ancestors is a children of Hecate.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of horus1
Done deal.
Must have.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
By the way - in ad copy - I think you mean Docc Hilford's Nightmare Coins? I didn't think Banachek did that....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1373 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, Dr Spektor wrote:
By the way - in ad copy - I think you mean Docc Hilford's Nightmare Coins? I didn't think Banachek did that....

Quite right. My mistake. From Hilford's Band of the Hand, of course. Just had Banachek stuck in my mind and never went back to check it. Will make that correction both in the advert and (oh my blushes!) the performance manual, too.

Thanks for the catch, Dr. Spektor.

BC
Phasmologist
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Yet again PROF BC delivers.

The props are world class as well as the supplied routines. The stand out for me is the Three Wishes. I cannot wait to perform this for some age appropriate specs.

Excellent!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of horus1
At first I didn't notice the curator had posted the photo of Grimm's. I thought... (hoped!) the photo might have been a nod to
A future installment of Dopps.....!
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Ok, can't wait for the performance manual to arrive in the email.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1373 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, horus1 wrote:
At first I didn't notice the curator had posted the photo of Grimm's. I thought... (hoped!) the photo might have been a nod to

'Tis.

The good Curator has agreed to lend me that very volume to copy. Still a year or two out for Grimm's (needs to come at the end of the Realm of Faerie releases).

BC
Phasmologist
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1725 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, PROF BC wrote:
Quote:

'Tis.

The good Curator has agreed to lend me that very volume to copy. Still a year or two out for Grimm's (needs to come at the end of the Realm of Faerie releases).

BC

EXCELLENT!!!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of horus1
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, PROF BC wrote:
Quote:

'Tis.

BC

Wonderful!!! Glad it's in the works!!!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
These coins are so beautiful.
I did not readily see the moon in the images but once it hit me I was enthralled.
Beautifully conceived and I drool for the manual...oh I do wish the American dollar was stronger.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Performing this on a black mat, should be a must.
Yours,

Ivan
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator

The tale of two brothers in the Grimm Fairy Tales, is one of the earlier mention of the use of a silver bullet to kill a witch. One of the brothers kills the witch (in fact, he burns her, but she said that she wasn't proof from silver)with a pistol loaded with 3 silver buttons.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
825 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I am going to be attacked for this ... so be it. This is close to $300 US for a copper silver routine! My first question was "Is it made of gold?!?!" Ok, it is. Smile I have seen some of Prof BC's work and I know it is good. It is very good. But explain to me how this effect is worth this much money for us mere mortals who can't simply purchase every single thing that comes down the pipe. Understand, if I had the money, I would purchase everything this man puts out.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
I feel your pain, Chris. I, too, am unable to afford all of Prof BC's releases these days, and am having to carefully pick and choose my purchases.

What makes these worth the money? I guess that comes down to personal opinion. However, I've always found the Prof's routines and Performance Manuals to be as valuable to me as the props themselves. And, of course, the props are beautifully handmade, and designed specifically for "spooky" performers. You also get the highest standard of customer service and aftercare help and advice for your money.

None of this makes them any more affordable if course, but I would argue that they offer very good value for the money. At least they are not strictly limited, so should still be available at a later date for those of us who need to save up.

Christian, your Grimms looks fabulous. So excited to hear it may be used as the basis for a future Prof BC release!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lycanthrope Moon by Prof BC (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL