The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pants on fire! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
iPhone Lights Girl's Pants on Fire

Quote:
A Grade 8 student in Maine suffered burns after her cellphone caught fire in her pocket while she was at school.

Kennebunk middle school principal Jeff Rodman told the Portland Press Herald that the girl heard a popping sound Friday morning and smoke started billowing around her.

Boys were herded from the room so the 14-year-old girl could shed her flaming pants. She also did the "stop, drop and roll" move to help put out the fire.

She was treated at a hospital.

Her mother had given her the Apple iPhone 5C two months earlier.

CBC News has requested information from Apple about possible causes.

iPhone fires rare

Reports of spontaneous combustion of devices like the iPhone are extremely rare.

In 2011, Australian transportation officials investigated after an iPhone 4 started glowing red and spewing smoke on a flight. It was extiguished by a flight attendant.

A report released in 2012 following an investigation found that a screw had been misplaced in the phone's battery bay during a repair at an "unauthorized maintenance facility," leading to battery damage and internal short circuit that caused it to heat up rapidly.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
This prompts me to tell a pretty funny story.

I have a warehouse where we do a lot of crating. My son and grandson both work for me in the warehouse.

When I got back to work last week after doing a delivery everyone wanted to tell me about what had happened.

My grandson (18), was building a crate and was using a staple gun with 2" staples that uses compressed air. He was swinging the gun, trying to get the compressed air hose up and over a table when he swung a little widely and hit the front of his leg with the staple gun shooting off a 2" staple. Fortunately, he had his phone in his pocket and the staple went into the phone but the phone stopped it from going into his leg. (Otherwise, the story wouldn't have been nearly as funny!) When he went to pull the staple out, it was really hot, and then his pants got really hot. He frantically tried to pull the phone, which felt like it was catching on fire, out of his pocket but the staple through his pants into the phone wouldn't let him. Finally in desperation, he grabbed and yanked hard enough to rip the phone out leaving a big hole in his pocket from the staple. Since he wasn't hurt, we all had a good laugh and he got a good ribbing.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Warehouse. That reminds me of a funny story.

I was always a poor speller. As a matter of fact in high school I spent $200 to spend the night in a WAREHOUSE! (See what I did there?)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Human activity has now become the main cause of pants on fire?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 17:12, Dannydoyle wrote:

I was always a poor speller. As a matter of fact in high school I spent $200 to spend the night in a WAREHOUSE! (See what I did there?)

Ummm. No.
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Quote:

:rotf: Smile
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
So the girl is on fire, but we have to take time out to heard the boys from the room?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 01:49, stoneunhinged wrote:
So the girl is on fire, but we have to take time out to heard the boys from the room?

I wondered about that. Hopefully it was a matter of pointing to the door and shouting "boys, out!" That's my charitable reading. Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Woops, wrong room. Thought this was about politicians.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Was he really worried about hearding out the boys or was there something more sinister intended in that statement???
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
According to USA Today, it was the girl's friends that asked the boys to leave. Fair enough.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 19:35, Bazinga wrote:
Quote:

:rotf: Smile

Thank you we will wait for Rockwall to catch up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pants on fire! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL