The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sad things in groups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
1) Nasa Rememberance
2) The day the Music Died

3) today is the anniversary of the death of Karen Carpenter.

I took a lot of heat for loving the Carpenters. They were my favorite band back then (70's and very early 80's) Everyone else was into progressive rock. Led Zepplin was to most, the king of the day. Not me. I loved her amazing melodic voice. She has been imitated but never truely duplicated.

R.I.P. Karen; I loved you.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
The IPCC
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
The Carpenters' We've Only Just Begun was one of the songs my wife of 42 years and I remember from our courting days. I guess courting is an old fashioned word.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
She had an amazing voice and was a pretty good drummer to boot. I was about 15 years old when she died and I knew who she was of course (one of my sisters was a huge fan of the Carpenters so I heard their music plenty) but I didn't know what anorexia was. I don't think I had ever heard of it. Obviously anorexia wasn't new then, and many people still suffer from it, but Karen Carpenters death must have done more to raise awareness about it than any other single event before or since. Very sad.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sad things in groups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL