The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin has fun packing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Ordered something from Penguin yesterday and was surprised to get an email from them in only a few hours. They had a link with a clip of my actual order being packaged by someone in white gloves from start to finish. What great service and one of the neatest thing I have seen in a while.
The Gordon
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of The Gordon
That sounds pretty cool.
I'm tempted to order something just to see it get packed.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
I first saw that about awhile back. It is a BRILLIANT idea! Watching the stuff going into your box makes you feel they really care about you.

Congratulations Penguin!

Richard
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Kind of wonder if this is something they came up with as I have not seen something like this before.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
It is very cool. You have to love it. The gloves in particular. Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1833 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I've seen it from my past few orders from them. Really innovative touch- gets you excited for the package. Love the concept- I can see that catching on.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
kazpet
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of kazpet
I find this like you are in a actual retail store at the checkout. It gives you the comfort that everything you have ordered is in the package.
MattyWhipple
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia, PA
47 Posts

Profile of MattyWhipple
Quote:
On 2014-02-06 13:24, kazpet wrote:
I find this like you are in a actual retail store at the checkout. It gives you the comfort that everything you have ordered is in the package.

I also love the way they get flourishy with their hands. Who doesn't love jazz hands???
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I think they do it randomly, I have made many orders in past couple years and only got the clip 3 times. Cool though.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
I love it ! I actually thought the first time they sent the video it was a silly idea. Then I watched it. It made a connection I never realised was missing with online orders. I was surprised at my reaction.

Good work Acar and the Penguin Team.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Too bad they keep changing the ship date on The Code every three days. It's really starting to **** me off. I chat with them every time the ship date approaches and get told yes it will ship today and then nothing.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1005 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I'm waiting for it too, J. And I keep checking up on it every promised shipping date. Like today. And it still has not shipped. We'll probably get an estimated shipping date of February 11 now.

I have to imagine that it's not Penguin's fault, though. They are probably just relaying the info that they are getting from the supplier.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Oh. And it was a nice thread about fun packing. Those guys are not the awful ones, in my opinion.
kevishu
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of kevishu
I like the shipping videos, too! At first, I thought it was a joke. But it really is your order being packaged. Now everytime I get a notification of the video I always watch it. Kinda cool! And yeah, it's a great way to identify immediately if they've forgotten an item.... though that's never happened, yet. Smile Good job, Penguin!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2014-02-06 12:58, Richard Osterlind wrote:
I first saw that about awhile back. It is a BRILLIANT idea! Watching the stuff going into your box makes you feel they really care about you.

Congratulations Penguin!

Richard

Does this mean Osterlind Mysteries will have footage of you or Jim telekinetically floating our orders into boxes?

Much cooler than the Amazon droids!
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2014-02-06 19:15, jconstantine wrote:
Too bad they keep changing the ship date on The Code every three days. It's really starting to **** me off. I chat with them every time the ship date approaches and get told yes it will ship today and then nothing.

It never ceases to amaze me how some folks just can't resist an opportunity to !@#$% and moan and whine about how unfair life is. Gosh, I can certainly understand how being forced to wait an extra couple weeks to get your new magic trick would p**s you off.
Gotta love Internet forums.

I love the Penguin shipping videos!
I don't believe many other magic dealers will copy the idea.
I have to believe they are just too much extra work to produce and upload and email notices, plus they produce no direct revenue.
They are a lot of fun and a novel idea, even Amazon doesn't have them.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I agree. Love 'em.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Ditto, even though scaling back on orders.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I'm sorry I expected to have something I paid for ship on the first expected ship date. Excuse me. I spend a F@CK ton of money at penguin so yes I do get to p!ss and moan when I don't get something in a timely manner.

Quote:
On 2014-02-07 11:03, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-06 19:15, jconstantine wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how some folks just can't resist an opportunity to !@#$% and moan and whine about how unfair life is. Gosh, I can certainly understand how being forced to wait an extra couple weeks to get your new magic trick would p**s you off.
Gotta love Internet forums.

I love the Penguin shipping videos!
I don't believe many other magic dealers will copy the idea.
I have to believe they are just too much extra work to produce and upload and email notices, plus they produce no direct revenue.
They are a lot of fun and a novel idea, even Amazon doesn't have them.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
kevishu
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of kevishu
It really doesn't matter how much one spends at a store/company. In the end, it doesn't change the fact that sometimes unexpected delays in manufacturing, packaging, and/or shipments do occur. Its appalling to hear that somehow the amount of money one spends someplace should have a significant influence on how the rest of the world should revolve, and if it doesn't go as one wants, he/she whines and disturbs the peace on online forums. To those, I say "grow up". Seriously.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin has fun packing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL