The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin has fun packing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 12:20, kevishu wrote:
It really doesn't matter how much one spends at a store/company. In the end, it doesn't change the fact that sometimes unexpected delays in manufacturing, packaging, and/or shipments do occur. Its appalling to hear that somehow the amount of money one spends someplace should have a significant influence on how the rest of the world should revolve, and if it doesn't go as one wants, he/she whines and disturbs the peace on online forums. To those, I say "grow up". Seriously.
Agreed.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 11:41, jconstantine wrote:
I'm sorry I expected to have something I paid for ship on the first expected ship date. Excuse me. I spend a F@CK ton of money at penguin so yes I do get to p!ss and moan when I don't get something in a timely manner.

You know what the word "expected" means, right?
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Ok everybody pile on!!
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
I kind of regret ever starting this thread it was supposed to be fun. I love the café but hate to see the bickering that pops up from time to time and derails a thread. Could everybody just try to think of good and encouraging thoughts and post that.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I do really love penguin magic and really dig the packaging video. The first time I saw it I thought it was fake. Like they use this same video for every person that orders that specific product. But then they show the shipping label with my name and address on it. I was floored that they took the time to film that just for me.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Sleightly Open
View Profile
New user
United States
9 Posts

Profile of Sleightly Open
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 14:37, jconstantine wrote:
The first time I saw it I thought it was fake. Like they use this same video for every person that orders that specific product. But then they show the shipping label with my name and address on it.

Do you see all the products in the box? Or just the label? Because that sounds like a digitally customizable e-greeting card lol. If that's not what they're doing it's not a bad idea!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 17:30, Sleightly Open wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 14:37, jconstantine wrote:
The first time I saw it I thought it was fake. Like they use this same video for every person that orders that specific product. But then they show the shipping label with my name and address on it.

Do you see all the products in the box? Or just the label? Because that sounds like a digitally customizable e-greeting card lol. If that's not what they're doing it's not a bad idea!

Yep, that's what we surely all thought at first. Gotta be FAKED!!!
But you can't pull one over on this many magicians this many times, or if they were able to then I would applaud Penguin even more!
But no way man, it's the real deal.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
I would link the video but it has all my personal info on it. The clip is quick but uncut it starts with the box coming in with the white gloves, The packing is put in the box then the product I ordered then the instructions then more packing and ads or something. Then the box is taped shut then they show the shipping label with my name on it to prove it is my order and stick it to the box
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4334 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The real deal for sure Smile Loved watching my decks and Inner Circle by Yigal getting packed Smile
kevishu
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of kevishu
First time I had one of those videos I only had one item, and so I thought it was a generic video that everybody who orders that item will see. Then one time I had a BUNCH of random stuff ordered. Sure enough, the video showed each and every item being packed together. What are the odds that my random order with a bunch of odd stuff could have been gererically produced? Plus, there was absolutely no evidence of it being edited. Along with the fact that they show you your actual name/address order sheet, there is no doubt it's real. I love it! It's not a necessity, but it's a cool way for Penguin to differentiate themselves from other vendors.

Now, if only they would attach a tiny satellite based camera to the package so we could actually watch it as its being shipped, right up to your front door. Smile Work on that, Penguin!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 19:19, kevishu wrote:
First time I had one of those videos I only had one item, and so I thought it was a generic video that everybody who orders that item will see. Then one time I had a BUNCH of random stuff ordered. Sure enough, the video showed each and every item being packed together. What are the odds that my random order with a bunch of odd stuff could have been gererically produced? Plus, there was absolutely no evidence of it being edited. Along with the fact that they show you your actual name/address order sheet, there is no doubt it's real. I love it! It's not a necessity, but it's a cool way for Penguin to differentiate themselves from other vendors.

Now, if only they would attach a tiny satellite based camera to the package so we could actually watch it as its being shipped, right up to your front door. Smile Work on that, Penguin!

Same with me, but then later I noticed that if you pay close attention you will also see that maybe the label is stuck on kind of crooked or there is some kind of anomaly with the package. But then the identical thing shows up in your mailbox.
krazykat
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
89 Posts

Profile of krazykat
Love this idea. I too thought it was a joke when I got the first email, but no! It's your actual order actually being packed. A little hold-me-over until my goodies arrive.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1689 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I do like the little packing videos. I got one again just the other day. It ended with them bringing my shipping label into view, showing it was me and my address, then sticking it on and sealing up the package.

Nice touch Penguin!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Doctor Zolar
View Profile
Regular user
El Paso TX
131 Posts

Profile of Doctor Zolar
This will be the common/ norm . . . shortly as the scammers and whatnot, claim from time to time that NOTHING was in the package or that it was just a "Box of rocks".
Ebay will also start this as there is no way to "Prove" anything was shipped, other than a "box with a rock" in it.
Right now, Paypal will refund buyers that just "SAY" there was nothing in the box or "Not as described".
The SELLER would have to PROVE what was in the box and the condition of it.
I know of some ebay sellers that video tape/ record the entire wrapping process of expensive items, right in from of an Off Duty Policeman or Notary Public and get the same in writting from the Notary Public about "What was shipped in the package".
As well as packing and sealing the box on video, right at the Post Office Desk and the video shows the Registered and Certified and Insured package going right into the Offical Postal Workers hands. Right across the counter as the Postal employee stamps the package 12 times with a Special Purple Rubber Stamp all over the Insured Package.
Then. . . No more lying by the buyer. He has to sign for the package AND show proof of identity with a Government Issued Photo ID, Drivers Licence or Passport.

This is what is coming in the Wide Wide World of Shipping to Strangers.
And nowadays. . . strangers all over the world.
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
Penguin has been doing this for some time now. I just think that they do it because it's different and fun.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2014, Doctor Zolar wrote:
This will be the common/ norm . . . shortly as the scammers and whatnot, claim from time to time that NOTHING was in the package or that it was just a "Box of rocks".
Ebay will also start this as there is no way to "Prove" anything was shipped, other than a "box with a rock" in it.
Right now, Paypal will refund buyers that just "SAY" there was nothing in the box or "Not as described".
The SELLER would have to PROVE what was in the box and the condition of it.
I know of some ebay sellers that video tape/ record the entire wrapping process of expensive items, right in from of an Off Duty Policeman or Notary Public and get the same in writting from the Notary Public about "What was shipped in the package".
As well as packing and sealing the box on video, right at the Post Office Desk and the video shows the Registered and Certified and Insured package going right into the Offical Postal Workers hands. Right across the counter as the Postal employee stamps the package 12 times with a Special Purple Rubber Stamp all over the Insured Package.
Then. . . No more lying by the buyer. He has to sign for the package AND show proof of identity with a Government Issued Photo ID, Drivers Licence or Passport.

This is what is coming in the Wide Wide World of Shipping to Strangers.
And nowadays. . . strangers all over the world.

My tinfoil hat is at the ready. Never mind basic business sense....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin has fun packing (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL