The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hobo Nickels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Although this is not strictly magic, it IS about coins, and I think these coins could stir up some creative thinking about using them for conjuring purposes.

Hobo Nickels are coins that have been artistically altered into a miniature bas relief. The art form started in Europe around the 1750s. Nickels were the most commonly used coin due to their relative softness and thickness.

http://slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/cu......kles.htm
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Incredible work! The ingenuity is matched only by the talent needed to create them. Thanks for sharing Ben.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Very cool
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, incredible and very cool, indeed. They are some of the most beautifully rendered coins I've ever seen. Quite creative, and that one of Popeye The Sailor, is just bananas! Smile

To be honest, I've never heard this mentioned on the coin forum here, and you're right Ben, some interesting patter and stories could be devised behind their varied portraits. And I don't even want to think about what can be done if the coins were also gaffed??? Could this be done with halves and dollar coins?

I totally wish I had every one of them as a collection…They are just beautiful and so well rendered.

Man, you learn something new everyday. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I loved it only there was no 1939 that the year I was born lol

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I see Ben Has a new blog called "Modern Coin Magic Blog" http://ModernCoinMagic.com
Will more info on the Hobo coins appear here or is it strictly a "coin magic blog" ? I find them every bit as interesting as Zombie Coins but they are probably more art than magic. Anyway, love to hear more and see others as they come about. Great Blog So Far BTW. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hobo Nickels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL