The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Walking Knot by Pavel (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The gimmicks are well made and almost invisible even close-up. Howie Swartzman performed the Super Walking Knot at his booth at a convention and the gimmicks were not noticed.

I perform the Junior walking knot (the 6 foot version) as a parlor/bar-pub/small venue routine. I'm pretty much what John Novak called a two-meter magician. My audiences do get close and I am often almost surrounded. I've had no problem with using the Pavel prop. it plays well and the gimmicks go unnoticed (they are all but invisible). The rope is not static or hanging completely still at any point. It is constantly moving even if just a little. That aids in hiding the gimmicks.

An analogy would be a locking key. It is not totally invisible but a well made one goes unnoticed. Same here, it is well made and it goes unnoticed.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Replies in the Café's various threads on this effect suggest that it is not suitable for close up. My question (which I haven't seen addressed) is would the gimmick(s) be visible with a parlor presentation? Thanks very much.

All that I can tell you is that I had the Super Walking Knot and felt as though the audience would clearly notice the 'special spots' on the rope. I never took the chance and sold it!
I would feel comfortable using this on a large stage, but not with my audience 6-10 feet from me.
Carlosfa
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Carlosfa
A great routine, I love the version made by Ruben Vilagrand with some plugs.
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
59 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Has anyone had a problem with the gimmicks on the Super version coming undone? As I practice, it seems the weight of the rope will cause it to come apart at times. Any tips? Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Walking Knot by Pavel (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL