The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Lego theme (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2126 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I've been booked to do a 10-year old BDP with the theme 'girls-legos'. I've found some links on other threads in the forum, but except for the 'exploding lego trick', none really grab me. I'm gonna wrack my brain, but I just thought I'd tap you guys & gals as well. How might you incorporate legos or a lego theme into a kids' show?
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
1). Have Lego items pre-made. Wave your wand. Next, pull the object out of the Square Circle or a different production item.

2). Have Logo items pre-made. Put a few lose Legos in a production item. Next, pull out the pre-made one.

3). Levitate an Lego item pre-made. Using the Zombie type for example.

4). Have a castle pre-made with the Legos. Put a Zombie Ball on top of it. Put together a story dealing with the princess' ball on the castle while performing the Zombie.

5). Make something with the Legos as close as you can to cups. Use them for Cups and Balls as you tell a princess story.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I use large lego http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Head-Stor......86a9df83

it's designed to be storage for lego pieces but can be assembled itself and the range includes 1, 2, 4 and 8s in many colour with two sizes of heads including male, female, hallowe'en and pirate. The biggest pieces are nearly three long (width of my box). Sometimes I use balloon geo-donuts for wheels.

one of the 8s holds my show props for tricks 3-7 and is placed on a low folding table

after each trick I ask a child to place a lego piece where I tell them -- so it works like a running gag asking them what are WE building today?? --- the final piece is the head in which I have a dove-pan of

smaller ones are designed to be lunch-boxes and I'm considering making one into a switch box
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7443 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
FYI, "girls-legos" is likely referring to the "Friends" series of Lego, and not generic Lego. You should check this with the parent.

They did make a set in the "Friends" series called "Mia's Magic Tricks."

So, you could do a vanishing stuffed rabbit, and talk about how Mia vanishes a rabbit.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2126 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Thank you DynaMike & magiciansapp, and Donald...wow! I had no idea about the 'friends' sereies! I'll definetely look into that!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Café member Eric Leclerc did a whole series of Lego magic on YouTube.

I often do magic with my nephew's lego.I usually just make a piece change colour or do the old 2 in the hand, one in the pocket trick (finishing with a larger piece of a different colour), I've made a paddle too that works well. I also turned a tiny Lego man into a giant Lego man (via an impromptu method using a tea-towel

As ever, with these one off themed parties it is nice to have some jokes and props to fit a theme but I wouldn't put too much time or effort into a one-time show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Lego theme (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL