The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AT THE TABLE: LIVE - Daniel Garcia (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Lincoln, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
At the Table: Daniel Garcia - March 5, 2014 - 4:00 pm PST/ 7:00 pm EST

We are super excited that Daniel Garcia will be appearing "At The Table: Live"

Reserve you seat here!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17254

Garcia BURST onto the scene with his explosive and visual style of magic. Then he set his sights on television consulting, and helped sculpt the television careers of Dynamo, David Blaine, and others.

This session of "At the Table" will focus on the creative process. Host Joshua Jay will speak candidly with Garcia about how he creates magic, how magic has changed, where Daniel thinks magic is headed, and what his new favorite trick is. Along the way Garcia will illustrate the session with some of his favorite effects, including a few surprises. Everything performed will be explained by Daniel, and he'll even answer your questions. So sit back, relax, and enjoy Daniel Garcia from the comfort of your own home.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I'd love to hear what ever happened to the 'card to wallet' that he was going to bring out.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Lincoln, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Me too. You could always tweet your question to him during the lecture.

~Steve
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Seems not to long ago he had a penguin lecture. What is going to be different?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
The price and the brevity, in inverse proportion.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
I'm going to hold off buying this until there are some actual reviews, despite the incentive of participating in a live event. I'm a fan of Daniel, but $25 for a two-hour lecture/chat session during which we don't know what he's going to teach?

I also see it'll be a "DRM protected video download." Not sure what that will mean, exactly, but it's yet another reason to wait. I can understand they want to prevent piracy, but that doesn't usually help the regular buyers. I don't want to have limitations on how and when and on which device I can watch my purchase.

I guess the Penguin Live lectures, where you more often than not get way more than your money's worth, have spoiled me.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4183 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Well there is the season pass that appears to make it worth it.

It is interesting to see what overlaps cause we just had a Jason England lecture from penguin,
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Hey guys

I spoke with Danny last night and he told me that this lecture will be totally different from his Penguin lecture with only a couple of repeats. I also asked him if he could share anything that he would be teaching so I could let you know and he said he would get me a list, I'll post it here when he sends it to me.

-Kyle
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Acar
Thanks Kyle!

Garcia has more original material than probably any magician under 40. He's the last person I'd ever worry about not having different tricks. I'm looking forward to seeing him again, he's always so funny and it's infectious.
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
Quote:
On 2014-02-11 00:52, MovieMan wrote:
I also see it'll be a "DRM protected video download." Not sure what that will mean, exactly, but it's yet another reason to wait. I can understand they want to prevent piracy, but that doesn't usually help the regular buyers. I don't want to have limitations on how and when and on which device I can watch my purchase.

MovieMan - I can't speak for Penguin, but I had a similar question for MJM Magic where I purchased this Danny Garcia lecture from. Apparently, the DRM protection is mainly just your NAME watermarked on the video (and that is only if you choose to download the video).

If you choose to just watch the video through MJM Magic (or I assume through Penguin as well), then you won't see any name on there.
- EddieM
billmonroe1972
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of billmonroe1972
Yes the name thing is *** annoying.

Cheers,

Bill
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
Quote:
On 2014-02-11 19:51, billmonroe1972 wrote:
Yes the name thing is *** annoying.

Bill - I agree. Although in my particular case, it's not THAT much of an issue, since I hardly ever download the item. I just go online and watch it through my account and when doing it that way, there is no name on there. The issue only comes if I want to download it for offline viewing.....then it's there.

I guess I'd rather have my name on the file and be able to freely download it from any computer, versus some DRM videos which don't put your name on there, but restrict you to only access it from the same computer.
- EddieM
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Lincoln, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Danny has a 6 DVD set plus everything he has created since. He has a ton of great magic in his arsenal to teach.

Acar, I was only off by 23 hours. I still owe you $10.

~Steve
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Lincoln, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Danny Garcia is fired up and ready with an INSANE amount of NEW and FAVORITE effects to amaze and TEACH you.

March 5, 2014 4 PM, PST

NEW EFFECTS that haven’t been taught in prior lectures.
INSIGHTS into his TV consulting with Dynamo, David Blaine and others.
CHAT WITH DANNY right from your living room.

Buy the SEASON PASS to all 4 At The Table Lectures for only $12.50 each ($49.95 total).

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17252

here is the rundown:

Daniel Garcia (March 5) $24.95

Jason England (April 2) $24.95

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17255

Alex Pandrea (May 7) $24.95

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17253

Jon Armstrong (June 4) $24.95

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17256
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
For anyone following this thread, I just saw a new video posted for the Daniel Garcia lecture, where Daniel talks about the stuff he plans to cover (first video on this link):

Daniel Garcia Lecture - Video

Personally, he had me at "dance party!" Can't wait for this one! I'm a huge fan of his.
- EddieM
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Looking forward to hanging out with you guys at my AT THE TABLE : LIVE Lecture!

If there is anything specific you have heard about or have seen at conventions please don't hesitate to PM me and I'll do my best to put what I can in the lecture!

Thank you guys endlessly for your support!
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
326 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
I just wanted to remind anyone that Danny's lecture is taking place in less than 24 hours! You can purchase it with us at MJM Magic, or from another store of your choice. I personally cannot wait to watch this one. The line up looks great!

Danny - Don't forget about that dance party you promised us in the trailer!

Stream begins around 4:00pm PST (7:00pm EST) tomorrow afternoon (March 5th).
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
billmonroe1972
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of billmonroe1972
This is going to be a fantastic lecture I am sure. Definitely looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Bill
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1830 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Just finished.
That was amazing!!!
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
mellanp
View Profile
New user
Scranton, Pa.
51 Posts

Profile of mellanp
I agree with you Titanas. Anyone who missed this one missed some extremely commercial, power-packed magic! I also highly encourage you to buy the download.

I will be incorporating a number of these effects in my performances. Two of my favorites were EMT-where everyone travels back into time-an interactive phone effect and 21-a two bill transposition effect-nonplussed to say the least! By the way, there was information out for a while concerning what Mr. Garcia would be teaching and he taught virtually all of it. Thank you Mr. Garcia for your inspiration, creativity, and for such a tremendous lecture!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AT THE TABLE: LIVE - Daniel Garcia (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL