The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » You Practiced WHERE!!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
Hey guys thought I would post this game if that's what you want to call it just post some places you practice magic that's not necessarily expected me first:
-Church
-School
-Movie theater
some others Smile
YOUR TURN!!
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
FAMILY - FRIENDS - GAS STATIONS- LIBRARY - SUPERMARKET - PUB/CLUB - RESTAURANT - BUSY STREET CORNER - CHURCH - SCHOOL - THEATER

EVERYWHERE!!!
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
One of my buds, AKMan, practices card magic while watching movies in a theatre! I couldn't do that. Cards would fly everywhere.

One of my other buds, name withheld, practices in the bathroom, supposably for the mirror. I'm too much of a germ-a-phoib to practice THERE.

When not at home, I practice in restaurants all the time, Coins and Cards, virtually ignored most of the time by fellow diners.

I would NOT practice in a church, any church, as people have varying STRONG beliefs that can be uncomfortable, to say the least!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
I used the large banquet hall at my old church all the time. My pastor and I were tight. Haha.
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Vangel
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Vangel
Apart from at home, Cafés, bars and restaurants only. Usually others ignore when in public but a few times I get onlookers who get stunned in their tracks.

I don't think I can practice in churches since a few people have asked me if I was using black magic or worshipped demons before. Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Mental hospital. With borrowed cards.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Ffojt
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Ffojt
On all kinds of public transport. I just start doing digferent kinds of visual magic without attracting any attention. After a couple of minutes you got half the bus trying to discreetly watch what you're doing.

- Ffojt
ZakKnapper UK
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ZakKnapper UK
I practice where I can, waiting rooms, buses, in a cab, at work, I'm not afraid the get my cards out and practice.

Zak
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I am holding cards 75% of the time. That includes everywhere.
Reality is a real killjoy.
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Years ago I worked as a transporter in a children's hospital, taking people and equipment from point A to point B throughout the hospital. I often used magic to distract the kids from where they were, or what procedure they were about to undergo.

Because I was required to wear a smock, I made use of the large pockets and taught myself how to do the back palm with a thimble (yes, it can be done!). The large pockets kept me from having to chase the thimble when I dropped it. I can now, not only back palm a thimble with either hand, but I can now move a thimble from the back palm directly to a thumb palm! I figure that if I can get paid to practice, all the better! Since I worked the night shift, I also worked on the C&Bs when alone in the equipment room.

I have also practiced manipulation moves during the wait at doctor's offices, the DMV, restaurants, the pharmacy, during long drives and anywhere that I am expected to "wait patiently", even if I am reading at the time. My time is worth more than these folks believe, so I am going to use it to my advantage, even if it is only rolling a ball up and down my finger tips.

Time is the most precious, nonrenewable commodity. Use that otherwise wasted time to your advantage!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » You Practiced WHERE!!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL