The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pencyclopedia by Tom Crosbie (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gaz_Japan
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaz_Japan
"It will be with Murphy's in the next couple of days and then the dealers not long afterwards."

Haven't seen this anywhere yet.
What happened??
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
The dvd is available to buy on Matt's site. Has been for a while now.

However, Sharpen Up isn't for sale yet. Only a few people, including me, own one so far.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
The DVD got mixed up with postage etc on the way to Murphy's but should be available at all your favorite dealers within the next few days.

Thanks for the kind words about the DVD. This was the second shooting of the video. We did it once and it just wasn't perfect so I got all the guys back to reshoot. I. Pleased to see the hard work paid off.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2014, matthew wright wrote:
... This was the second shooting of the video. We did it once and it just wasn't perfect so I got all the guys back to reshoot. I. Pleased to see the hard work paid off.

Definitely an 'A list' production. I am normally more focused on the quality of the material rather than the production quality, but with this you get both.
Any hints on the next release or are we reliant on the 'whims' of Jamie F?!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2014, puggo wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2014, matthew wright wrote:
... This was the second shooting of the video. We did it once and it just wasn't perfect so I got all the guys back to reshoot. I. Pleased to see the hard work paid off.

Definitely an 'A list' production. I am normally more focused on the quality of the material rather than the production quality, but with this you get both.
Any hints on the next release or are we reliant on the 'whims' of Jamie F?!

Not 'whims', rather 'scoops'.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This does look good. anyone else care to comment on this vs other pen dvds?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This does look good. anyone else care to comment on this vs other pen dvds?
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
I have a Sherpa pen (a Sharpie fits inside... it's to class up your Sharpie). Would these moves all work just as well given the extra bulk and different texture of a Sherpa? Or would the extra diameter make a lot of the moves impractical?
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2014, robvh wrote:
I have a Sherpa pen (a Sharpie fits inside... it's to class up your Sharpie). Would these moves all work just as well given the extra bulk and different texture of a Sherpa? Or would the extra diameter make a lot of the moves impractical?

Yes
I believe that at least 99% of the moves would be fine. Subject to the difficulty of the move and your skill level, I would suggest any pen would be no problem e.g. Nick Einhorn's 'Unicoin' routine Flip-sticks a small bottle!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
The sheer volume of material on this DVD is staggering. I only watched a few minutes and had to stop so I could practice. Really well done, love the music too.
Good job Tom!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I got it at Blackpoool. I definitely picked up some moves that I am now using. Some of the stuff you will have seen before but I thought it was a good purchase
crozboz
View Profile
New user
York, UK
30 Posts

Profile of crozboz
Thanks guys, it means a huge amount to see people saying nice things about it! Smile

I'm going through the back of the DVD, and I'm pretty sure everything will work with a sherpa, pencil, chopstick, pack of polos etc. One or two moves (no hands display) will be more difficult, because it relies on hiding the thickness of the pen. But should still be doable with a sherpa, just takes some modification. Common sense more than different move.

As far as I know, dealers have their copies now. As do I! (Just saying!)
Tom Crosbie
"Expanded bread shell is a method I hope to see lots more of in future" - Tom Stone
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Picked this up at Dave's Killer Magic Shop on my way home. Popped it in, holy crap is it GOOD! For a strolling performer, this will add a lot of manipulative flavor. The coin and pen transpos were just eye candy! I can't wait to see more of the DVD today. Smile
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Just got this yesterday.Just watched it.I already knew the flipstick move but it gives new ideas to use it with.I like the dvd.Money well spent. Smile
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
This one flew under the radar. It is highly recommended and I learnt a few new tidbits to add to my general magic routines.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
This is one of the best magic buys of all time. especially if you watch it and APPLY IT TO OTHER THINGS USING PENS AND COINS.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pencyclopedia by Tom Crosbie (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL