The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What is the best trick in the world in your opinion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
It's embarrasing, I think. But, to me most of TT tricks are great. Bill Switch, T & R, silk vanish.
Just have to prefect my TT handling.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Hm, could there be a definite answer to this question?

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Anything by Richard Sanders eg Visi Bill, Alpha Deck, Fiber Optics,Slow Burn etc
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Its all based on opinion Smile Your best trick could be my worst.

But of course Cups and Balls is the best trick in the world.. Duh!
Tarbell!
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
I will stick with Rick Haslett Fire Palms!!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-08-20 11:28, calexa wrote:
"...Hm, could there be a definite answer to this question?"

Is there any "best" question that has a definitive answer?
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2005-08-20 16:35, Larry Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-08-20 11:28, calexa wrote:
"...Hm, could there be a definite answer to this question?"

Is there any "best" question that has a definitive answer?

Larry, that may be the "best" response to the question.
islandguy
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of islandguy
Larry says 'Is there any "best" question that has a definitive answer?' Clever but unresponsive, since the question asked "in your opinion". I assumed meant which one do you like the best, for which there certainly is an answer, no necessarily one with which anyone will agree, but an interesting chat. Keith
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Islandguy,

I wasn't attempting to be clever, I was pointing out how questions such as these are a waste of bandwith because the answers won't help other magicians, which is the purpose of this board. The words "in your opinion" make no difference. If a singer asked "What's the best song in your opinion?", do you think that answers to that question would help other singers, and if so, how? Answers that include a detailed "why," as I've suggested in many other threads such as this one, might help others, but they almost never do.

Larry

P.S. - I'd love to live on a tropical island. Which one do you call home?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Chop cup.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
There is no such thing as a best trick unless you specify the conditions.

I believe that you can only be as good as your audience. I can do the best trick in the world and if the people I am doing it with don't think it's any good, it is not the best trick in the world.

Which is the better trick: producing something from a dovepan or doing a sleight of hand bill switch?
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

I agree with Jon and stated the same thing using different words earlier in this thread here. Okay, on to more useful threads for me.
islandguy
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of islandguy
Hi Larry, Just got back, and in answer to your question, I live on beautiful Hilton Head Island, SC (sometimes referred to as 'Camelot'). I agree that the 'why' of how someone pickes a favorite of any kind is more useful, but still find other peoples preferences interesting - which could be a function of this forum. As to how it is helpful, others opinions stimulate my thinking and imagination, which I find worthwhile. Clearly we must disagree on this point, I guess. To each his own. Keith
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Actually I did some research and there is a best trick. If you do and online search you can find the best trick in the world. It's not the dovepan or the sleight of hand bill switch. As it turns out it's the following:

TT transposition of signed sugar packet- From hands to cigarette pack.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Platt, your research is suspicious--I just GOOGLEd "best magic trick in the world" and this was the response.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2005-08-22 21:35, Platt wrote:
Actually I did some research and there is a best trick. If you do and online search you can find the best trick in the world. It's not the dovepan or the sleight of hand bill switch.

Hi Platt,

I never said either was the best trick. I just took two tricks and asked which people think is better.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I forgot to ask: why is neither producing something from a dovepan or doing a sleight of hand bill switch the best trick in the world? What makes your one better?
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On 2005-08-22 21:51, Larry Davidson wrote:
Platt, your research is suspicious--I just GOOGLEd "best magic trick in the world" and this was the response.

Hey Larry, if you're going to post pictures of me, then you should ask first. LOL
loudini
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of loudini
Card on ceiling...doesn't get much better than that!
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Any trick anyone cares to mention can be bettered by any other trick anyone else cares to mention.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What is the best trick in the world in your opinion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL