The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Vellucci Mind Bag (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1670 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I have noticed that several sites are now advertising a new change bag for mentalists, the "Max Vellucci Mind Bag." The ads claim it is well made, has a m-----t attachment, and comes with chips for a Kurotsuke type routine. It sells for up to $80.00

I have been able to find only one review (on the Penguin site), and it reads like it might have been written by a close friend of the developer!

So who has some experience with this change bag? Thanks in advance for any reviews, observations, comparisons, or critique.

George Hunter
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1670 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Does anyone have experience with this?

George
Prof.Browne
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Prof.Browne
Hi!
I bought the bag some months ago.
It's a great object: high quality fabric and string sawings. The m*****t is strong and long, so you can give the bag to a spectator... If you manage him/her.
It is a very good bag for mentalism because it is far from a "magic-style" apparatus. Suitable for classic "pure" mentalism and bizarre, too. MPO

Vellucci also makes a transoarent version, very nice and better than the plastic one that you find around. But for my style the black is the best Smile
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1670 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Hi PB:

Thanks. I could not find anything about it for a couple of weeks, and had read good things about Tony Chris' Stealth Change Bag, so I recentry ordered that. I was good to read from you that the Vellucci bag is a good one. Your reported experience may stimulate others.

George
MJG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MJG
Quite simply as the title says this is the best force bag currently on the market in my opinion. It is elegant looking, does not look gimmicky or like a magic prop at all and I can say for sure that this will be going into my parlour set right away.
I previously used an electronic device for the kurotsuke routine but there is obviously the potential for that to fail so with that in mind I can see this replacing that.
As regards to the spectator holding it, personally I'm not sure why I would do this anyway however I would be quite confident in letting them hold it for a few moments with no worries. Again though I don't think this would really add anything to the routine though.
If you use a force bag in your routine or are thinking about using one, this is the one to get.
MJG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MJG
Even The Magic Café think it's good..that good it seems it's posted my review twice! :-D
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1670 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Dear MJG:

Well, based on your ringing endorsement, I ordered it from Penguin. (The Stealth bag did not work out for me. Contrary to the ad, I could not find or detect any "floating" feature within it.)

If anyone else is interested, Penguin now sells the Vellucci Mind Bag for about 25% off (S&H included).

George
MJG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MJG
No worries George, I'm sure you'll get some good use out of it.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it Smile
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1670 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
My Vellucci bag arrived from Penguin in three days--with the standard no-extra-charge S&H! So far, it looks just fine in appearance and execution, and is deeper than most change bags.

I will perform the Kurotsuke effect with the (supplied) chips in a week or so.

What are some other effects that some of you use it for? What is a good source on effects with change bags?

George
Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
I suspect this would be ideal for a The Ghost of a Chance style effect as adapted by Steve Pellegrino in his excellent Open Billet Box pdf, which, in itself, is an excellent prop.
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Recently got this, as it looks awesome.

Btw, it's funny to see how many people invest so much in ultra modern approaches to effects like Kurotsuke, when something as simple as this gets the job done and is so effective ! Smile

Best regards,

- Andreu.
MJG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MJG
Couldn't agree more Andreu this is an excellent tool and also more surefire than other approaches.
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
181 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2015, George Hunter wrote:
My Vellucci bag arrived from Penguin in three days--with the standard no-extra-charge S&H! So far, it looks just fine in appearance and execution, and is deeper than most change bags.

I will perform the Kurotsuke effect with the (supplied) chips in a week or so.

What are some other effects that some of you use it for? What is a good source on effects with change bags?

George

I'm thinking about purchasing this.
Now that you have this. Do you think it could be used as an 'egg bag'.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1670 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Hi Joe:

I do not have an egg bag and have never worked with one. My impression is that you might "get by" with the Vellucci bag, but a real egg bag would serve you for an egg routine more assuredly. I am hoping that other guys, with real egg bag experience, can answer your question for sure.

George
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
I saw it on penguin, it looks like a net bag, so we can see through, hard to do a korutsuke then, or is the image not accurate ?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16292
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1670 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Penguin features two Vellucci bags; the one we are discussing in NOT the fairly transparent one.

George
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Can you please share a link for the adequate one ?
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Just found it, thanks a lot
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
181 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Arrived today. I'm impressed. Great quality.
I wouldn't let the spectator handle it though.
It's also magnetic on the outside of the bag on both sides,
allowing for other and different handlings and effects.
I'm satisfied with this and it should last a lifetime.
Lou Is
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
Are only super duper smart mentalists able to figure that m*****t spells "magnet"?

Like n********r, s******k and d*******g?

I wish I had my decoder ring...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Vellucci Mind Bag (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL