The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any dice (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Here is a short review. The app has some nice features. Definitely better if you own a pebble but still good if you don't.
The spectator has choice of rolling virtual dices labeled with dots, esp symbols, colors or numbers on it. They can choose How many dice to roll 1 dice to 10 if you want.
They shake the iphone to roll or just manually set the dice to anything combination they like. You can be across the room blind folded and you know the total, symbol or color instantly. The best feature is the bonus effect " notepad ". It looks exactly like the iOS notepad. The spectator composes a new note in your phone. Then they put the phone to sleep and place it in their pocket. You instantly know what they typed in. Again you can be in another room. I have been getting the most use out if this effect. Clever!

There are a few improvements I would like to see in the next update. I will try to contact the dev. Here and tell him my ideas.
Overall very clever app with or without a pebble but if you do have a pebble this app is a must!!!!
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
WillJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
39 Posts

Profile of WillJonesMagic
Hi Jack, weapon,

William Jones is me, I'm the developer. Alan is the brains behind the effect, I'm the guy that coded and published it.
There is one review on the App Store as of now, but if others wish to put their reviews on then that would be much appreciated.
I have had assurances from Alan that he's doing a demo video, I'd rather him to that as it's his effect, and he is able to do it far more justice than I could.
With regards to the update, it is in the App review queue, so I'm at Apple's mercy. It contains some bug fixes, a couple of subtle UI improvements with regards to Notes, and most excitingly a new bonus effect - Calculator.
Also, the App name has been altered slightly in the new version, it's now "Any Dice by Alan Rorrison". It'll still add the "By William Jones" bit at the end, I'm unfortunately unable to change that at all, as it's an individual membership I have with Apple.
Thanks for that review weapon, if you would, would you mind posting that as a review on the App Store?

Will
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Will! My Review is in!!

If anyone is interested in purchasing this app feel very to check out my idea with it! here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=273
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
WillJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
39 Posts

Good evening all,

The update has been approved by Apple and is available for download from the App Store now.
I hope you enjoy it and happy fooling!
Any issues with it give me a shout via the developer support link in the App Store (Save posting my email address on here for the spambots to get!), or ping me a PM!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I've got the new update and this app just gets better and better. Thanks to Will and Alan for putting this out. Bravo!
WillJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
39 Posts

Update two: There's another update that I've submitted this evening that fixes a rather obvious layout bug for some iPhone 5 and 5s users in the Calculator. While I'm unsure if it's affecting iPhone 4 and 4s users, it will fix it for those too if it does. It is in the review queue once again and once approved will be available for download.
SupaHEEro
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of SupaHEEro
I love this App, with Pebble, it works like pro!! Thanks for putting this great app out.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1357 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Just got this amnd with pebble this is going to malke is1 almost self working. I really like it. . Any plans to update the text colour on the caluculator? Its black but should be white. Apart from this and a couple of other little bigs its a great app.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have just got this and it's pointless if you have not got a pebble watch,i have a iphone 4s ,my fault really for not reading the add properly I thought I would have the vibrate notification on my phone,doh ,so I will not be using this.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1766 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:
I have just got this and it's pointless if you have not got a pebble watch,i have a iphone 4s ,my fault really for not reading the add properly I thought I would have the vibrate notification on my phone,doh ,so I will not be using this.

If you go back to page 1 this is what I said almost a year a go

According to Alan R he said Pebble was not required

He also said he would be posing a video demo a year on and when ever someone mentions this they get shoot down with the words "Alan is very busy person"

Well Alan ,If think people are going to spend £24 for a app with no demo or No Reviews , he clearly needs to wake up, if he has not got the time to offer any customer service for a premium priced app then don't bring it out as there are plenty of people that are prepared to offer real customer service
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I gotta say Jack,this is the worst app I have brought so far gutted I have wasted £22.00 on it.I may of read it wrong? but I was just under the impression that I would have the vibrate mode,if you have the watch and the phone can work with it,why even have the vibrate on the watch?,just have a sneaky peek while they look at your phone.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1766 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:
Well I gotta say Jack,this is the worst app I have brought so far gutted I have wasted £22.00 on it.I may of read it wrong? but I was just under the impression that I would have the vibrate mode,if you have the watch and the phone can work with it,why even have the vibrate on the watch?,just have a sneaky peek while they look at your phone.

Sorry you have been conned out of £22 Fire Starter

I don't suppose Alan will address any of the issues as " he is two busy "

I guess you could always give this app it's first review on App Store to warn others to avoid this piece of junk !
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
As far as I can tell, the instructions talk about how to use this app if you don't have a Pebble. So what's the problem? I do have a pebble and find
this app a lot of fun and quite useful.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Howdy. Sorry for the delayed response but sadly Alan is indeed a very busy man. I don't know if you have noticed but I've not even put out a download in a while due to this. I do say the the app didn't need a pebble and this is true. Ask Alex Pandrea or Patrick Kun who both use it with out. It explains in the Instructions where to get the info needed.... Yes a demo is long over due and I apologise for that. Bain of being a workaholic I guess.

Sorry you don't see the potential in the app. I'm just happy there majority Do

It may also be good to not that a really get a chance to pop on forms much these days too
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, jaizon wrote:
As far as I can tell, the instructions talk about how to use this app if you don't have a Pebble. So what's the problem? I do have a pebble and find
this app a lot of fun and quite useful.

The problem is when used with a straight forward iphone ,it is pretty dam obvious that the number of time's the dice or what ever is rolled, is not hidden enough on the screen,vibrate mode would of been the one,happy you are happy with it,i am NOT.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1766 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2014, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Howdy. Sorry for the delayed response but sadly Alan is indeed a very busy man. I don't know if you have noticed but I've not even put out a download in a while due to this. I do say the the app didn't need a pebble and this is true. Ask Alex Pandrea or Patrick Kun who both use it with out. It explains in the Instructions where to get the info needed.... Yes a demo is long over due and I apologise for that. Bain of being a workaholic I guess.

Sorry you don't see the potential in the app. I'm just happy there majority Do

Clearly as there is not one review on.the app store the majority Do Not

As this is the 2nd app that you have released with no after sales support or customer service then maybe this type of product is not something suited for you to release, best stick to what you know best!
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I never write directly to Alan. But, I've been writing one or two PM to his developer for AnyDice and his respond and feed back is top notch. I never experience any bad customer service for this app.
patrickkun
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
234 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Just to clarify Any Dice works locally without a use of Pebble! Alex Pandrea and I have been using this app without a watch and it's just as great. Although with a watch, it's much cleaner. I have to say that Any Dice is probably one of the strongest app of all time especially with the Calculator mode and the Note mode. It looks completely innocent plus you can get the result with a quick glimpse. You can use any dice to get their birthday, pin code, or any number you want by using TOXIC in disguise. You then will have all the information later on to reveal or do anything that you want.

I cannot recommend it enough. From what Alan told me, the new update is coming and it's going to be really really good! Give it a try. Feel free to PM me if you have trouble setting anything up. Cheers!
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Have you contact me directly for customer service or did you just post here expecting me to see it. It is usually best to contact me directly. With the feedback from people who actually use it and the majority of people In this thread, I'd say the effect is doing pretty darn good. Sorry your not fan but give it another try and re look over the instructions. U may grow to like it. M
Cheers
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Alan you have a PM,all the best Shane
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any dice (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL