The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Open Billet Box by Steve Pellegrino (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
dave johnson
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
50 Posts

Profile of dave johnson
This is fantastic! It just came out this year in January and at first I was reluctant to get it but now I am glad that I did. The box folds flat and holds A TON of billets (I have about 200 in there now.)

So all in all you should get this because it is very well thought out (his psychology makes sense) and it is a fooler! (At only ten bucks every person who needs a billet box should consider it being open, not having a top.)

Here is the download link:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-open-billet-box-p-414959.html
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Quote:
On 2014-02-17 23:37, dave johnson wrote:
This is fantastic! It just came out this year in January and at first I was reluctant to get it but now I am glad that I did. The box folds flat and holds A TON of billets (I have about 200 in there now.)

So all in all you should get this because it is very well thought out (his psychology makes sense) and it is a fooler! (At only ten bucks every person who needs a billet box should consider it being open, not having a top.)

Here is the download link:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-open-billet-box-p-414959.html

I must say, I just bought this, and it really is great.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Is it hard to make up, how crafty do you have to be?

cheers
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 16:18, takeachance wrote:
Is it hard to make up, how crafty do you have to be?

cheers

super easy. it's basically exploiting a brilliantly useful feature, with minor modification. I'll be using this immediately.
will4gzus
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
Dave, thanks for the quick review, I was thinking of picking this up but was reluctant to do so. Will certainly pick this up this weekend. Hopefully the thread stays true to topic and not others "offerings"
dave johnson
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
50 Posts

Profile of dave johnson
I made a smaller version today (7"x7"x5.75") and it still hides 200 billets. This was a recommendation by Bizzaro because the first seemed a little too big.

Hope this helps people.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I agree, this is the best billet box I have used.

For the price it is a steal!

Get this now, you will not be disappointed!

Cheers
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
This is Steven Pellegrino at his best, TOP idea!

Cheers Dave
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Simple, clean, portable, effective and innocent.

Oh..and ten bucks.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
This is very good. A simple idea, but totally practical. The "construction" involved is so simple that it can't really be called construction at all. It's will take literally three minutes without any tools.

My only reservation is that, while the product you're adapting looks very easy to get hold of in America, it's much less widely available in the UK. I have yet to find any shop in the UK that stocks them. You can buy them from one seller on Amazon.co.uk, but they are more expensive than the US prices quoted, and you'd have to pay an additional £10 for delivery.

Some stores in the UK sell similar looking products from different manufacturers. I've looked at a couple and, although they appear to be the same thing, they are not suitable for the principle to work - so I wouldn't recommend buying an alternative unless you've actually examined the product to make sure.
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
They are bit more pricey here in the UK (again from Amazon UK) but comparing it to the cost of a billet box from a dealer, still £££ cheaper! AND PACKS FLAT!
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
192 Posts

Profile of pourang65
I posted a little review in the inner thoughts few days ago when I bought the PDF from Lybrary. I had a little bit of problem finding the box in France and I finally found it for 10€. I tried it for the first time for a Groupe of 30 people and it worked fantastically well. The great thing is that it is a OPEN box very innocent no one even looked at the box during the preshow.
Great prop and thanks to Steve for his thoughts
Cheers
Pourang
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Pourang where did you found it in france?
Oh and I can agree it looks very promising!
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
192 Posts

Profile of pourang65
In a store called Castorama.
Cheers
Pourang
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Many thanks!
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
I was reminded for a moment of the Mentalist Dream Box!

Both do the same, even though the MDB is hands off and a little bit pricier! Lol.

:)
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
I have seen both the £95 Luca volpe version and the pelegrino version, and I much prefer the pelegrino.

You could make 10 boxes of various shapes and sizes using Steve method for the price of one of Lucas small ones, and they work virtually identically.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Link won't work for me ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
You need to copy and past to URL address bar.

MagicCafe have some code issues to fix... Gene is daMan!
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Picked this up the other day; man what a deal! I still would like to pick up Luca's version down the road. This thing looks very professional and flat does the job. I know this is being billed as non-hands off, but for me the switch works on its own without me even thinking about it.

I like the innocence of this box over the more expensive ones. It looks a lot more natural (or what the kids are calling 'organic' these days.) And it packs flat!!!

Dave Johnson, thanks for the heads up on the smaller version. I am going to pick one up tomorrow when I head up north. It would be nice if the ebook could be updated with this alternative. The bigger version is easier to find, though. I'll be returning the bigger one back to Walmart.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Open Billet Box by Steve Pellegrino (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL