The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Open Billet Box by Steve Pellegrino (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1214 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Tip: On the side that goes on top use some weights sewed on both ends. (somewhat like magnet disks)
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
I've got this, and I'm very pleased with it.

And the best part, is that I literally just had to cross the road to the store and I found the right type of bag! and they're awesome. I bought plenty of them actually.

And it folds flat! this is crazy, never thought I could carry a billet box around in my briefcase.

This is a worker!

Click here to view attached image.
I shall see you on the other side.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3281 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I really like it too. Now I just a really big audience to use it with....

I did find some smaller boxes but they're not square like the big one so they're not quite as good. The big ones are really ideal but they're definitely a little out of place for a smaller audience.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
I really like it too. Now I just a really big audience to use it with....

I did find some smaller boxes but they're not square like the big one so they're not quite as good. The big ones are really ideal but they're definitely a little out of place for a smaller audience.

Yes, the small ones have this problem, they are not perfectly square... so the inside bottom piece does not fit perfectly when making the gimmick but a little bit of cutting and sewing and there you go!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3281 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yep, I worked out a solution too, though I do feel like the larger one is better.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
EE Wrote: And it folds flat! this is crazy, never thought I could carry a billet box around in my briefcase.
Ditto! Simply such a great idea, low cost, effective, transportable & above all, works! Love mine!
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
My box is about 9"x 9" x 9", it's small (perfect for small audiences) and it works... it just doesn't work as described in the ebook, as the flap does not automatically fall but I've worked a solution (more of a handling actually) for that, and I love this prop. love it love it love it. If anybody has this problem and would like to hear how I handle this you're more than welcome to send me a pm.

Best,
Ever
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
I was wondering if anyone could share the rough price of the box needed for this. I'll have to ship it as I live in Asia (Singapore).

I'm currently deciding between this and Luca volpe's version, so any thoughts would help also. Thanks!
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
In the US you can find the box for only around $5.00 USD
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
697 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Open Billet Box by Steve Pellegrino (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL