The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Please Help . . A New Street hypnotist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Natas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Natas
Hey there my name's Natas and this is my first post ha ha so forgive any bad spelling or if I did this wrong thanks.

Ok first of all I have been trying to become a hypnotist for a good wile now. Where I live, N Ireland/Derry we have no Street Hypnotist's / street Magicians so I thought I would take up the flame ha ha. What I have been trying to learn is a mix of street magic,mentalism and hypnosis. My hope is that after I got my name out there I could start doing some stage show's about here as well. So what I want to learn is how to go up to some one on the street and be able to use Rapid Inductions ect. I have read some books but then I have tried them out on my bro it did not work at all . . . . . Then I am to worried to try and use them on the street.

I have been looking around Google but every where I have looked has told me to get a different book/dvd and I know you guys have seen this a lot but if you don't mind can you give me the book/book's/Dvd/Dvd's. That you think would help me get out there and get doing this. Also I know this is the wrong place but I think it would be best to do it all in one post. If you have any book's/Dvd's on street magic/mentalism that you think are the best could you list them for me thank you very, very much for reading.

But first let me tell you the books/dvd's I have so far.

Anthony Jacquin - Reality is Plastic and the dvd that goes with it.
Hypnosis - Gerald Kein - Instant and Rapid Inductions in a Professional Practice (DVD)
Rapid Hypnosis Exposed - How to hypnotise people in seconds By Steven Hall
13 Steps To Mentalism By Corinda
What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-reading People

And here are some link's to what I think are epic in Street hypnotist

Any thing by Derren Brown

This man's stage show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D4IpP9hbSI

and last

Street Hypnosis - Hypno Survival - Anthony Jacquin - Head Hacking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNTIc9ytaaM

Thanks again for your help.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9638 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I have never understood the mentality of having an interest in street hypnosis if your goal is to be a stage performer? That's like saying I'll start working in a laundromat because I want to be a fashion designer.

Leave your bro alone, it'll get you no where but frustration.

Get personal training or mentoring.

Plus mixing hypnosis with magic will not help your credibility or believability.
Natas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Natas
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 00:08, Mindpro wrote:
I have never understood the mentality of having an interest in street hypnosis if your goal is to be a stage performer? That's like saying I'll start working in a laundromat because I want to be a fashion designer.

Leave your bro alone, it'll get you no where but frustration.

Get personal training or mentoring.

Plus mixing hypnosis with magic will not help your credibility or believability.

TBH
I work in music and it stress me out a lot one thing I do love to do tho is go out and play for people out on the street I believe the same carry s over to this to its more the being able to do it and make some people happy with it is why I want to do it.
And get personal training or mentoring as I said there is not really any one who dose that around here the one I seen was over 5000 pound haha.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Natas,

Back up Reality is Plastic with these free video lessons http://www.youtube.com/how2hypnotise

Also check out our flagship DVD on the subject 'The Trilby Connection'.
http://www.headhacking.com/products/

There are other street hypnotists in NI, you just have to find them.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Natas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Natas
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 03:01, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Hi Natas,

Back up Reality is Plastic with these free video lessons http://www.youtube.com/how2hypnotise

Also check out our flagship DVD on the subject 'The Trilby Connection'.
http://www.headhacking.com/products/

There are other street hypnotists in NI, you just have to find them.

Anthony

Hey Anthony I was strongly considering coming over to London no the 21/06/2014 to do the The Trilby Connection TRAINING COURSE. Do you think this would be a good move ?? Also where is it in London on your website it only says London not where in London hahaha If you think it would help I would need to start saving up now to get tickets and rent a hotels ha ha ha. Thanks
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
355 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Quote:
Hey there my name's Natas and this is my first post ha ha so forgive any bad spelling or if I did this wrong thanks.

Hey there - no worries man, your spelling will become better eventually Smile.

Quote:
Ok first of all I have been trying to become a hypnotist for a good wile now.

Stop trying - do it. Look up Reality is Plastic on being *the* Hypnotist - once you accept, understand and internalize this ideas, you'll have pretty much everything you need to be succesful at hypnosis.

Quote:
So what I want to learn is how to go up to some one on the street and be able to use Rapid Inductions ect. I have read some books but then I have tried them out on my bro it did not work at all . . . . . Then I am to worried to try and use them on the street.

This, too, will come with experience and confidence. As someone else already pointed out, it might not be the best idea to start practicing on your brother. Family & friends often have a hard time accepting that you would suddenly have some sort of 'mysterious power', i.e. that you should suddenly be able to hypnotise. Your first steps will actually be easier when practicing with strangers. So go out, be confident and do it. Act the part, come over as confident and you'll be succesful.
You might want to start with an induction that doesn't require any special timing (like the Handshake Interruption, which does require some well-timed pacing & leading) so you can beas confident as possible. Eye Fixation would probably be a good place to start.

Quote:
If you have any book's/Dvd's on street magic/mentalism that you think are the best could you list them for me thank you very, very much for reading.

That contains pretty much everything to get you going as a hypnotist - buying anything else would probably not make much sense right now. It's like magicians buying more and more magic tricks in the hope of getting better instead of focusing on presenting the tricks they already learned. Study the book, then go out and do it - this last step is unavoidable man. You'll probably fail a few times, but once you're past that and become confident you will have not only learned hypnosis but will have also evolved as a person.

Visiting a seminar would probably be a smart move as this'll give you the necessary confidence. It would certainly be of more use than buying more and more books on the theme without actually doing it - none of the books will contain a 'wonder weapon' that'll suddenly make you the best Smile so, as I said - the books you have already contain some of the best. Study those and do it. You can do it!

All the best & success on your journey,

Timon
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
There was a training course in Cork just last weekend, which would have taught you everything you need to know.

Mindpro is right; messing on the street has nothing whatsoever to do with stage work. There are some good street hypnotists, but plenty of guys who are doing it in bars and nightclubs because they are not good enough to do a real show. That is the reality. Set your sights higher. You either do street work because that is your goal, or you jump straight to stage work like the rest of us did. It is not a training ground for stage; it is a different discipline.

Check out youtube clips of Justin Tranz - that will give you an idea of a faster and more energetic stage show.

There are a few good hypnotists in Northern Ireland, including Michael McCoy and Adrian Knight. Both friendly and approachable guys. Best of luck with it.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-02-18 07:00, Natas wrote:

Hey Anthony I was strongly considering coming over to London no the 21/06/2014 to do the The Trilby Connection TRAINING COURSE. Do you think this would be a good move ?? Also where is it in London on your website it only says London not where in London hahaha If you think it would help I would need to start saving up now to get tickets and rent a hotels ha ha ha. Thanks

You can see a trailer for the style of training here http://www.headhacking.com/training/cour......7Fvl_tMg

You can expect practical, intensive training in a small group with multiple trainers. We teach you a complete system from approach to wake up, including how to use the full spectrum of phenomena including amnesia, hallucinations and post hypnotic suggestions.

It takes place in central London and you get advised on local hotels when you book. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Natas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Natas
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 07:23, TimonK wrote:
Quote:

Hey there - no worries man, your spelling will become better eventually Smile.

Quote:
Ok first of all I have been trying to become a hypnotist for a good wile now.

Stop trying - do it. Look up Reality is Plastic on being *the* Hypnotist - once you accept, understand and internalize this ideas, you'll have pretty much everything you need to be succesful at hypnosis.

Quote:
So what I want to learn is how to go up to some one on the street and be able to use Rapid Inductions ect. I have read some books but then I have tried them out on my bro it did not work at all . . . . . Then I am to worried to try and use them on the street.

This, too, will come with experience and confidence. As someone else already pointed out, it might not be the best idea to start practicing on your brother. Family & friends often have a hard time accepting that you would suddenly have some sort of 'mysterious power', i.e. that you should suddenly be able to hypnotise. Your first steps will actually be easier when practicing with strangers. So go out, be confident and do it. Act the part, come over as confident and you'll be succesful.
You might want to start with an induction that doesn't require any special timing (like the Handshake Interruption, which does require some well-timed pacing & leading) so you can beas confident as possible. Eye Fixation would probably be a good place to start.

Quote:
If you have any book's/Dvd's on street magic/mentalism that you think are the best could you list them for me thank you very, very much for reading.

That contains pretty much everything to get you going as a hypnotist - buying anything else would probably not make much sense right now. It's like magicians buying more and more magic tricks in the hope of getting better instead of focusing on presenting the tricks they already learned. Study the book, then go out and do it - this last step is unavoidable man. You'll probably fail a few times, but once you're past that and become confident you will have not only learned hypnosis but will have also evolved as a person.

Visiting a seminar would probably be a smart move as this'll give you the necessary confidence. It would certainly be of more use than buying more and more books on the theme without actually doing it - none of the books will contain a 'wonder weapon' that'll suddenly make you the best Smile so, as I said - the books you have already contain some of the best. Study those and do it. You can do it!

All the best & success on your journey,

Timon

Thank's man this was very very helpful Smile
Natas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Natas
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 09:00, TonyB2009 wrote:
There was a training course in Cork just last weekend, which would have taught you everything you need to know.

Mindpro is right; messing on the street has nothing whatsoever to do with stage work. There are some good street hypnotists, but plenty of guys who are doing it in bars and nightclubs because they are not good enough to do a real show. That is the reality. Set your sights higher. You either do street work because that is your goal, or you jump straight to stage work like the rest of us did. It is not a training ground for stage; it is a different discipline.

Check out youtube clips of Justin Tranz - that will give you an idea of a faster and more energetic stage show.

There are a few good hypnotists in Northern Ireland, including Michael McCoy and Adrian Knight. Both friendly and approachable guys. Best of luck with it.

In Cork just last weekend no way was it on the internet or just a post around the town ?? I would have loved to be at that. Michael McCoy and Adrian Knight I will look these guys up. Thanks very much man
Natas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Natas
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 10:27, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 07:00, Natas wrote:

You can see a trailer for the style of training here http://www.headhacking.com/training/cour......7Fvl_tMg

You can expect practical, intensive training in a small group with multiple trainers. We teach you a complete system from approach to wake up, including how to use the full spectrum of phenomena including amnesia, hallucinations and post hypnotic suggestions.

It takes place in central London and you get advised on local hotels when you book. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Anthony

Thanks Anthony , cant wait to get over and learn some things.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The Cork course - a one day one - was run by Anthony Jacquin. Very enjoyable.
Natas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Natas
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 12:48, TonyB2009 wrote:
The Cork course - a one day one - was run by Anthony Jacquin. Very enjoyable.

Do you know of any more happening or where I might look . . . sorry for so many questions
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Well, I'm offering a training next week at my theater in Vegas, but I don'know that last minute airfare would make it work for you.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Check the Head Hacking website or Jon Chases site. I can stand over Anthony's training, and Jon has a very solid reputation. Both are UK bases which is not too far away.
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Jon Chase has taught a lot of people. I don't know much about his trainings but I talk to him online and people are very confident after his teachings. And the UK is a much easier place for you to get to.
Natas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Natas
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 18:46, TonyB2009 wrote:
Check the Head Hacking website or Jon Chases site. I can stand over Anthony's training, and Jon has a very solid reputation. Both are UK bases which is not too far away.

Yea I am about 99% sure I am gona go over to Head Hacking and learn as it looks really fun and really good !
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Anyone ever successfully learnt how to do this from reality is plastic or trilby. I admit to owning both and watching them but never actually trying it.
There is no holy grail!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Plenty have. The secret is in the trying.

These free videos may help you develop an approach.
http://www.youtube.com/how2hypnotise
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I learned directly from Anthony, but what he taught was what is in the book. I learned enough very quickly to use the stuff. It does work. If you can fake confidence you will pull it off. If you are eighteen and know everything, you will also pull it off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Please Help . . A New Street hypnotist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL